Eyefi for Nikon D50

Char

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for a way to share my pictures from my NIKON D50 with my ipad/iphone4 just as explained in this video.

How to Wirelessly Connect Your DSLR to Your iPad

I want to be able to view the pictures as I shoot them instead of waiting till I have a computer available. There is a 2GB Eye fi available in Amazon but it is being sold for 129$. I find this ridiculous. I know they have been discontinued but I want to know if there is any card available for my NikonD50 that does the exact same thing.

Many thanks!

X

Hi Char, I use a 4GB Eye-fi card in my D50, and it works just fine. The 4GB Eye-fi Pro mentioned in the video is $45 at Amazon as of this post.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is getting good reviews

Transcend 32 GB Wi-Fi SDHC Class 10 Memory Card (TS32GWSDHC10)

It goes for around $60

I am actually ordering one next month.

keep in mind that only the EyeFi Pro's let you download RAW files... the cheaper 'connect' versions are limited to JPG in firmware.

Hi Char, I use a 4GB Eye-fi card in my D50, and it works just fine. The 4GB Eye-fi Pro mentioned in the video is $45 at Amazon as of this post.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Thank you, @brunerww. I will check this one out. Have you had any issues with it? Edit: Is your card SDHC? From what I've read the Nikon D50 does not read SDHC.

keep in mind that only the EyeFi Pro's let you download RAW files... the cheaper 'connect' versions are limited to JPG in firmware.

I will keep this in mind. I want to be able to view my RAW files on my electronic device and not the JPEGs. Thank you for the input.

X

Last edited:

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Thank you, @brunerww. I will check this one out. Have you had any issues with it? Edit: Is your card SDHC? From what I've read the Nikon D50 does not read SDHC.

I will keep this in mind. I want to be able to view my RAW files on my electronic device and not the JPEGs. Thank you for the input.

X

Char - I owe you an apology. I opened up my old cameras and found that I had given you bad information. My D50 only had a 2GB SD card in it and it was the GH1 that was recording to the Eye-fi Pro SDHC :(

$8897849558_57a9145c74.jpg

So you're right - the venerable D50 is not compatible with SDHC cards - which means it is not compatible with the Eye-fi Pro - so no wireless transfer of RAW files, and no ad-hoc networks with this camera.

Darned shame - it's still a great camera.

All the best,

Bill

No biggie! Thank you for clearing that up though! I contacted the seller on Amazon that has a 2GB Eye Fi Pro SD card and questioned as to why he is selling it for 129$.

Most reactions

Back