Eye's Perspective

Olympus8MP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thecodesource.solarbotics.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone else here noticed that photography has changed the way you look at things (in both a literal and figurative sense) ? What I've noticed is now that I'm actively involved in photography as a hobby, I see things that I didn't see before. I notice subtle patterns of light and color, that I would have overlooked before. I see, on a sunny day, that the grass is a deeply saturated green. Even things I see on a daily basis I see differently now, and notice different perspectives, even when I'm not carrying my SLR.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else noticed this after toying with photography for a few months. :mrgreen:

sure! but I wouldn't say it in the technical sense in which you seem to comment.

photography is basically learning to watch. The camera with its lens functions as a means to stress your own eye, your watching; with the camera in your eye you focus all your attention in watching: where to watch and how to watch.

once you've done that with the camera you also do it without, and don't just pass by anymore, but watch

ive noticed that too. I keep noticing that if I'm on a sidewalk, or in an aisle, or looking at a subject from a typical perspective I kinda lean to the side, stand on my toes, or crouch a little bit to get just a different perspective. It's not something I intentionally do, but my wife pointed it out to me on a walk the other night. fairly amusing :)

ive noticed that too. I keep noticing that if I'm on a sidewalk, or in an aisle, or looking at a subject from a typical perspective I kinda lean to the side, stand on my toes, or crouch a little bit to get just a different perspective. It's not something I intentionally do, but my wife pointed it out to me on a walk the other night. fairly amusing :)

ha I haven't started doing that yet....

give me time... :lmao:

I see things that I didn't see before. I notice subtle patterns of light and color, that I would have overlooked before. I see, on a sunny day, that the grass is a deeply saturated green.

Yes. However, it has gotten annoying, as I now see white objects in shadow on a sunny day as "blue", and not white (maybe my brain's white balance has been turned off). Also, before about a year ago, I'd never really noticed colors and textures, they were just "there".

I kinda lean to the side, stand on my toes, or crouch a little bit to get just a different perspective

Yeah, I've found myself trying to "re-compose" a scene also (while not having my camera).

I tend to slip in and out of 'photo' mode. A good part of the time, I look at the world without really noting that it's in Technicolor(r) and stereo. Then, like clicking a switch, I start seeing sections of the visual scene with a mental 'frame' around it. I usually work in b&w so in 'photo' mode the scene is viewed with regard to densities as well as colors.

The 'photo' mode can be triggered by picking up a camera.

I knew I couldnt be alone.Never knew I could be so fascinated by light and the way in affects perception.

I tend to look at things and say.. that would be a great picture... dammit.. forgot my camera.. Thank god I remebered the kids. :).. Well sometimes.. I say should have forgot the kids and remebered the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back