What's new

Eyes

yerlem

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 12, 2012
Messages
328
Reaction score
95
Location
Argentina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't been here in a while, maily because I haven't had time to take pictures anyways. This morning I was trying to take a self portrait for my cv and starting playing around (I was a bit frustrated, I'm not the most photogenic person) and I got one I actually kind of like...What do you guys think?


DSC_0120 por yerlem, en Flickr
 
Very nice and clear! The window relecting off your eye is a little distracting to me, just my opinion though. Also you can see your arms and the camera. Although I dont know how to fix that. You have very nice skin by the way.
 
This is not a talking expression ... i am not happy about that tilt also... do you have more images of this kind to compare?

Regards :D
 
Link the way: there is some skin softening, my skin is not that nice, haha. I don't know how to change the reflection in my eyes, any ideas? I use Lightroom 3..
Frequency:what do you mean is not a talking expression? I'm sorry I don't know what you mean :) I have another one without the tilt, but I don't really like it. There is a black bit of the backround to the right and it throws it off, in my opinion. I also liked the tilt because of the expression, like "what are you talking about????"...


DSC_0120-5 por yerlem, en Flickr
 
I dont know of a way to fix it in post. Of course you could re-take with no window there. However I like the lighting in these pictures, so I wouldnt want you to change that. Remember, I am being really picky here, overall the picture is great.
 
thank you! I don't have any lighting equipment, so I sort of had to take it next to the window...I guess the window is staying :D
 
Hi yerlem, I find the first photo quite scary and striking, and definitely has expression and personality in it, in my opinion. I am surprised you are taking a self portrait for your CV, I have never thought of adding a self portrait on a CV. Do you plan to use it as a cover photo, or in the top corner of your front page? It's something I've never done before, but it might be a good idea. I am also looking for a job at the moment! :)
 
Hi SunKat! Thanks for the feedback! I plan to use the picture on the top right corner of the front page...it is a pretty standard thing to do here in Argentina, I didn't even think of not putting one there. I think it is good if your potencial employer can put a face to the name, but I guess it is a metter of opinion :)
 
You're welcome! :)
I really like the idea, in a way it's like a pre-interview look at you, and may help them pick you for an interview over someone else. And as it isn't a standard thing here in the UK, it might help my CV stand out amongst others here! It's worth a try! ;)
 
I just googeld a bit and it appears it is frowned upon by some people in the US and UK...I'd look into it before adding a picture :)
 
Don't worry; i felt that you are just staring into the lens over vigilant not to blink when the camera clicks; probably that vigilance killed the coolness in your eyes....
You are beautiful as your eyes are, otherwise ;)
 
This is totally a horrorable eyes i am not satisfied to see this image.If you have more images then upload it.
 
what about a sheer curtain or white sheet in the window that would keep the window from showing in the eye maybe ..but it would soften the light some I like the photo just not the window so much.
 
good idea pic.chick! I actually had the curtain down for some of the other pictures, but then I took it out to get more light...didin't even think about the reflection that would cause :(
You live and you learn, thanks for the feedback!
 
This is totally a horrorable eyes i am not satisfied to see this image.If you have more images then upload it.
Don't you find a bit ironic that your signature is spamming "Essay help", yet your comment above is unintelligible (plus it features the neologism "horrorable" to refer to someone's beautiful eyes)? Can't wait to click on those links :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom