f-ing gross

We had a person at my last job like that. She was absolutely nuts. Talking to her was like an adventure every time…

We had a person at my last job like that. She was absolutely nuts. Talking to her was like an adventure every time…

This fit?

Dr. Fred Goodwin interviews Dr. Randy Frost, a leading researcher in the field of hoarding. Together with Dr. Gail Steketee, Dr. Frost contributed to a recent text book about Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder a chapter on hoarding and how to treat it ("Chapter 23") that many compulsive savers regard as their "bible." Dr. Frost is professor of psychology at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts. Dr. Frost defines hoarding as the acquisition and saving of unneeded items to the point that it causes significant distress, and says that sometimes hoarding can even preclude the use of furniture and spaces. For instance, a bed will be so filled up with things there's no room for someone to sleep on it. Or the hoarder will be unable to use the kitchen because the stove is covered with things and even the oven is full of things being saved. Hoarding is most often associated with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, which is an anxiety disorder. The anxiety is kept at bay as long as the compulsive saver avoids even thinking about throwing things out. Hoarding behavior is on a continuum, with symptoms ranging from mild to severe. Getting in the way of being able to organize and throw things out are problems in sustaining attention, categorizing possessions, a reliance on visual cues to trigger memory ("out of sight, out of mind"), and difficulties in making decisions. Interestingly, Dr. Frost says that the anxiety people experience in discarding items is often short-lived, citing one woman who wept about a book but was fully recovered from her grief about five minutes later. Treatment, he says, can help a hoarder learn to tolerate this kind of anxiety.

The entire article is pretty interesting and can be found at;
http://www.lcmedia.com/mind454.htm

Seems serotonin can be used to treat the condition. I think serotonin is produced when sleeping and used when light (waking up) activates it. Also, if the condition is to be dealt with successfully, the person suffering the condition has to be the one to clean up the mess.

Something a little more disturbing

This is actually far more common than you think, I see it all the time, Just never felt inspired to burn a frame of film on them.

this is a common sight for you? i think that's weird!

i am quite sure in Europe you would not be allowed to drive with such a messy car.

nice self portrait in the last shot :)

thank you alex. the real intention of this shot was to show myself! im glad you found me!!! ;)

I think the condition is an indication of some sort of mental illness. Did you get a look at the driver?
the car was there when i pulled into the spot and after i had finned supper, it was still there. i really wanted to wait around to see who got into the car, but sadly i had better things to do with my time.

That's kind of hot. Maybe a reshoot with another button or so undone?
but alas! there are no buttons on that shirt :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back