Face Book Extortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApertureF11Sniper

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought it was just me till I saw this thread that actually got locked about Face Book freezing an account and demanding the user drivers lisc. I did nothing on my FB but talked with friends and family and my page was fully public. FB told me I had to upload my drivers lisc and my response was oh hell no.....The next thing on the news you will hear about is some big FB hack and thousands of peoples info being out there. And IG will just up and delete accounts for seemingly no reason which I am sure in large part is based in IG and FB relying way too much on on AI.......From what I hear people are leaving FB in droves.

I'm waiting for someone to fight back. That being FB deletes a business account and it's not based in a sound reason, it cost that person a LOT of money so they sue FB. I am surprised it's not happened sooner ....

I am hearing more and more about FB freezing people's accounts and demanding a driver's license. So something is up, they are profiting and I have a feeling it will be in the news before too long and people who have uploaded their ID are going to regret it.

Is this from an email? If so, it's a scam.

No it would not let me log in, unless the login page was like a cloned page of some sort. I have not asked anyone if my page is still there. Supposedly if I did not comply they would delete my page.

Are you using a link to this login page, or a bookmark that you saved on your computer?

Are you using a link to this login page, or a bookmark that you saved on your computer?
Wow, on that I am not sure now. I don't remember. I wish I knew how things played out for that person who made that thread that got locked.

Big red flag then. I wonder if the login page was a phishing attempt. If it's filled in with 'correct' information, then some scammer has the info. Login might be blocked as the scammer has changed the password and locked you out.

FB accounts are notoriously hacked/spoofed which what I suspect has happened.

Clear your browser cache or use a different computer to try again.

That's why I don't use Facebook :grumpy: I may sound too modern, but Facebook is not a platform for the younger generation. I once tried to get promoted there and get a good account, but it didn't end well. My page was frozen. Now I am developing an Instagram account and a friend advised SPAM LINK REMOVED which attracts an audience. This way I just start my business there faster. Of course it's hard to move from scratch, but in a platform like Instagram it's possible.
Historically sites are popular for a period of time and then a new one pops up and everyone runs to that new site and the old one fades away. Facebook is seeing declining numbers, it's not popular with younger people and that will be the death of Facebook and IG is growing. Telegram is one that is growing in popularity...

Last edited by a moderator:
Historically sites are popular for a period of time and then a new one pops up and everyone runs to that new site and the old one fades away. Facebook is seeing declining numbers, it's not popular with younger people and that will be the death of Facebook and IG is growing. Telegram is one that is growing in popularity...

Please take note when responding to a message that includes a suspicious link. I left the quoted material with the spam link removed. The user has been banned.

Please take note when responding to a message that includes a suspicious link. I left the quoted material with the spam link removed. The user has been banned.
Oh wow I didn't even click on that link......If I had known I would not of even answered......I'm sorry

Oh wow I didn't even click on that link......If I had known I would not of even answered......I'm sorry

No problem, just making you aware for the future. Sometimes we've seen spammers that post a few innocent-looking comments and then come back a few days later and edit their post to include a spam link in the middle of the paragraph so it's easy to overlook.

No problem, just making you aware for the future. Sometimes we've seen spammers that post a few innocent-looking comments and then come back a few days later and edit their post to include a spam link in the middle of the paragraph so it's easy to overlook.
Someone once told me about links posted on line in forums, social media and such that you DO NOT click on them, you find someone who had and if their computer is still working then you might try it but it is typically best to avoid clicking on links......

As for the spammers I do not get it.....I would think just getting a job and to promote something there are many legitimate ways to do that.

Facebook will ask for your DL if your account is in question of possible impersonator. Are you looking to have a business page? Social page? Flickr is a good site to host your photos. The photographers in my area have a FB page and Instagram to promote their business. And many have a website too.

I just heard on the news today that FB and IG is going to a paid verification blue check kind of thing that requires you to upload a DL.....And after that is in place and going the next thing your going to hear about is a huge IG hack and all those ID's stolen.....

I did hear about the paid checkmark. I think businesses will buy in. Google data breaches and you will find: Yahoo, Linkedin, Microsoft. Everyone is susceptible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back