Facebook or Instagram Photo?

JR.Foto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey there![emoji4]

I am beginning my photography biz journey[emoji991] [emoji173]️ I wanted to ask - what would you recommend when it comes to uploading clientele images... would you rather upload it to Facebook or Instagram & why? Both are very popular so I am undecided.
What do you photographers suggest?
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you be uploading the images to promote your business?
Are you in the USA? If you are, you'll need legal documentation on file (model release) from your customers to use their likeness to promote your business.
Do you have any experience running a business, like keeping financial records, other required legal documents, and of course pay the variety of taxes applicable where ever it is you do business.
If you're a beginning photographer, are you able to consistently produce high quality images?

Hey there![emoji4]

I am beginning my photography biz journey[emoji991] [emoji173]️ I wanted to ask - what would you recommend when it comes to uploading clientele images... would you rather upload it to Facebook or Instagram & why? Both are very popular so I am undecided.
What do you photographers suggest?
Thank you
Greetings and welcome!

I saw your other thread as well as this one.

Posting on either one is one way to promote your business, but frankly, you don't need or even want to post large file sizes. The reason for that is because then people can just copy the files and print them without paying you.

If I were you, I would post very small file sizes on the social media sites, and then create my own website that would enable/entice potential clients to hire you. Even on your website you still don't want to post large files because it slows the downloading (which becomes frustrating for visitors) and the afore-mentioned pirating of your images.

You should be posting fairly small file sizes to discourage stealing and only your best shots to promote your business. There are many thread on here about websites, so be sure to check that forum.

Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back