Faces of War

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pictures from a local WWII re-enactment I attended today. I have a bunch to sort through and edit, but I figured I would share a couple of my early edits.

853704329_94k77-L.jpg

853748215_WmpwC-L.jpg

853727913_jVwdm-XL.jpg

Last edited:
First shot is real nice!

1 is quite excellent!

2 is good, he just looks too young. While historically accurate, it just looks like a kid playing dress up? Maybe play magic time machine in photoshop so it looks like an actual WWII pic?

3 is okay. Color seems off or something though.

Had to say it again, 1 is GREAT! Very nice job! I love the use of the color here and how the faces form a leading line to the main subjects. The guns hiding the faces is a great touch too IMO. I love it!

Here's one more.

853830989_Azqcw-L.jpg

FDR showed up:

855013972_fi6Qz-L.jpg

Here's another B&W edit:

854987779_rLuRP-L.jpg

...and the MG-38 pic I really dig (but then I'm a gun nut):

854940257_Aw4mL-XL.jpg

The last 3 really do it for me, in the sense they almost feel voyeuristic. Though the last one of the machine gun nest would have been perfect if there was someone hiding there with it :p

Very cool! Your editing is going right along with the feel and era of these too, I think.

The last 3 really do it for me, in the sense they almost feel voyeuristic. Though the last one of the machine gun nest would have been perfect if there was someone hiding there with it :p

ya nailed it. That would have made this ridiculously good.

Don't get me wrong though, it's already pretty awesome.

I actually loved the 2nd (from the original set). It has a sombre, almost ominous feeling to it. And as someone here said, it is historically accurate.

I didn't want a shot of someone using the machinegun, they would have obscured the gun itself with their body. I wanted a shot just of the gun sitting there, as it was left. The man walking down the road is a German soldier (those who are into WWII history would easily recognize this even with the subject blurred) so he's a friendly.

I wanted a shot of the gun sitting there peacefully but lying in wait for the attack that might come at some point. The whole concept of a silent sentry... peaceful but capable of doing plenty of damage if called upon.

I'm glad you like it though, even though it's unmanned.

I didn't want a shot of someone using the machinegun, they would have obscured the gun itself with their body. I wanted a shot just of the gun sitting there, as it was left. The man walking down the road is a German soldier (those who are into WWII history would easily recognize this even with the subject blurred) so he's a friendly.

I wanted a shot of the gun sitting there peacefully but lying in wait for the attack that might come at some point. The whole concept of a silent sentry... peaceful but capable of doing plenty of damage if called upon.

I'm glad you like it though, even though it's unmanned.

is it just me or wernt we, you know fighting against the germans :scratch:

Is that an older George Clooney in the first picture? LOL

yeah.....pics are great.....the very first is done prefectly but I don't feel war there(

I think the next below it shows the thing....which is very sad(

Also I love the one with a soldier that is kinds blended and the machinegun on the focus. scary....

but actually I expected to see here scared faced of dirty kids, because these are the faces of war((((

Most reactions

New Topics

Back