Fall abstracts

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One is my favorite! Love the light and the colors. I would not crop #3. It has a tie-dye feel.

Somme cool ideas. I too like the first the best, which ironically is probably the least abstract of the lot but very pleasing nevertheless.

I agree with you about No 3 too. You could lose the top third.

One is my favorite! Love the light and the colors. I would not crop #3. It has a tie-dye feel.

Thanks!

Somme cool ideas. I too like the first the best, which ironically is probably the least abstract of the lot but very pleasing nevertheless.

I agree with you about No 3 too. You could lose the top third.

Thank you.

My favorite is #4. That one totally floats my boat :)

As for cropping the third one...I think if you do, you have something very similar to #2, except I think #2 would be more successful. The swoopiness and location of the bit of sky in the top left of #2 helps to balance out the heaviness of that one dark trunk on the right. If you crop the top of #3, I think it would not have the same kind of balance.

I couldn't really decide until I zoomed the screen out enough to see the whole shot at once. The lines in #2 are wavy and they kind of send the eye side to side. I think that's another reason the bit of sky works on one side. The lines in #3, though, are straight and it makes the eye want to go from bottom to top, darker to lighter. Crop the top, and the eye has nowhere to go. It feels claustrophobic to me.

All are good, but #2 us my favorite.

Re #3 I would take about 1/4 off the bottom
Just goes to show we all have different ideas

#4 followed by #2 for me. I would crop about 3/4 of the blue and white off the top of #3 leaving some highlight to contrast with the bottom.

Very nice set.

Don’t you dare cut the top off 3!! I’m confident that photo was created perfectly. Limr is correct above... you would be compromising balance. That photo is perfect just the way or is. As for the rest of these... totally awesome photos. From the first to the last. The first is probably my “least” favorite (if I had to pick one .. which I don’t really). The last photo of the grass is nice... very seasonal feel to it. But all BS aside..#2 and #3 are awesome photographs.. very nice work.

Most reactions

Back