Fall colors. C & C welcome

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not sure if this is any good or not. I have no idea about landscapes. I did not like the original so I cropped it and liked it much better along with many others. Is it just me or is this a common thing to do. It appears to be balanced although composition might be rather boring. I liked the rocks (drew to capture it) and how they balance the fall colors of the tree lines with their own color. I was also drawn to the leading line of the young trees on the right along with the cart path. I tried to capture a little more interest with the golf cart but somewhat disappointed in it's placement within overall composition.
D3300, Sigma 17-50mm, 17mm, f/8, 1/160s, ISO100. Aperture Priority mode, Vivid setting +1, Sharpening set to 7 or+2.
DSC_0008.JPG

Last edited:
You should not let the camera do the editing for you.

Maybe thats it, it look a bit CGI looking in thumbnail view in normal its ok tone down the sharpening and the tree on the far left is half in half out.

+1 to the golf cart location. If it was perhaps moved up by the left side rocks it would give a size reference and a focal point. I love the sense of depth though with the near rocks, far trees and a good dose of sky in it.

I think we have all noted a landscape, sky or sunset that looked so beautiful and rich that it looked like a HD movie set. You saw it in real life so does the photo look more vivid or punched up than the scene did in person?

+1 to the golf cart location. If it was perhaps moved up by the left side rocks it would give a size reference and a focal point. I love the sense of depth though with the near rocks, far trees and a good dose of sky in it.

I think we have all noted a landscape, sky or sunset that looked so beautiful and rich that it looked like a HD movie set. You saw it in real life so does the photo look more vivid or punched up than the scene did in person?
Nope, pretty much as it appeared.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well I'm no expert and can't comment on composition, sharpness or any technical aspects of the shot but it seems to me if it looks like it did in real life you nailed it!

I did not see the golf cart until I looked at this in full size. (thanks for posting the full size, BTW)

So no, the golf cart does not add anything, and is so tiny that it might even be properly called a distracting element.

What's good: I think the overall view is not too bad, (except for the golf cart) but maybe there is just too much that you're trying to include, thereby not making anything in particular the real subject.

Could be time for a crop. Or crop by walking. Maybe select one of the stone structures as your subject, and walk over there to frame it interestingly.

Also; from my perspective the row of young trees do not form a leading line. The pavement does, but you'll probably have to hoist your camera up high to show it.

Have you ever considered changing your profile settings to allow others to edit your photos?

I've never seen any sky quite that color of blue. Just my $0.02.
Really even in Gods country? I was up on the north shore of lake superior a few weeks ago looking for colors shots and we had a day that the sky was so blue it looked completely fake. But even down here in the corn belt the sky can be crazy blue. This is a pile of corn straight out of the camera just ripped down for file size.
7w7m6wh.jpg

I did not see the golf cart until I looked at this in full size. (thanks for posting the full size, BTW)

So no, the golf cart does not add anything, and is so tiny that it might even be properly called a distracting element.

What's good: I think the overall view is not too bad, (except for the golf cart) but maybe there is just too much that you're trying to include, thereby not making anything in particular the real subject.

Could be time for a crop. Or crop by walking. Maybe select one of the stone structures as your subject, and walk over there to frame it interestingly.

Also; from my perspective the row of young trees do not form a leading line. The pavement does, but you'll probably have to hoist your camera up high to show it.

Have you ever considered changing your profile settings to allow others to edit your photos?
Others can edit? Sure, I have to find that...

Found it and changed it.... Edit away

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
O.K., I might try a crop like this:

DSC_0008 - Version 2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back