Fall in the Iguazú Falls

LizardKing

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody!

This Easter took a trip to the Iguazú Falls, in the border between Argentina and Brasil; and had the chance to fully experiment with the camera for pretty much the first time since I bought it.
And this reminded me how much I really enjoy doing it... So I hope to be showing around here a little more often again. :thumbup:

Haven't got much time to edit much pictures, but here's one of the ones I like the most.

I'd appreciate any comment or critique you may have. From composition, to exposure, editing or anything you like or dislike.

Thx in advance and have a nice day! :thumbup:

Regards,
LizardKing

Very nice photo, great inclusion of the foreground elements, really gives the shot a lot of depth. What is with the yellow thing in the middle though?

oh my goodness! amazing! i want to go there.... i also like that you included the foreground elements. but the bit in the bottom/middle left might be just a little bit to close to the bottom for my taste, maybe give it a bit more room? or crop in a bit more?

Is this from the Brazil side? I went last year and saw it from the Argentine side... and my god its amazing! Just makes you feel so peaceful and appreciate whats in front of you.

Great image - fantastic water falls - thanks for sharing. Now if we can just figure out what the yellow thing in the middle is - we'll be all set.

Very nice photo, great inclusion of the foreground elements, really gives the shot a lot of depth. What is with the yellow thing in the middle though?
Great image - fantastic water falls - thanks for sharing. Now if we can just figure out what the yellow thing in the middle is - we'll be all set.

It's a butterfly passing by... Didn't see it until I got home and now I don't want to remove it. Kinda like it :)

oh my goodness! amazing! i want to go there.... i also like that you included the foreground elements. but the bit in the bottom/middle left might be just a little bit to close to the bottom for my taste, maybe give it a bit more room? or crop in a bit more?

Yes, same thing bothers me with that rock, but there isn't much I can do... I was thinking maybe clone a little bit of water in the front, but not sure about it... So maybe make a tighter crop... I don't know jaja... I'd appreciate any ideas!

Is this from the Brazil side? I went last year and saw it from the Argentine side... and my god its amazing! Just makes you feel so peaceful and appreciate whats in front of you.

You're right, this is from the brazilian side, just before getting to the fartest point, where you are 'almost' inside of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil's Throat). It's a shame you didn't cross to the brazilian side, I think both sides are wonderful in their own way.

Thank you all for you comments!

I refuse to believe that is a butterfly, it has to be a yellow raft falling down the falls.

Seriously though, that is one good shot! Only improvement I could see is maybe more sky, but it's good even now.

Very cool, went there last year too, but did not get any perspective from the bottom, very good picture

oh my gosh! a butterfly?!?! hahahahahah awesome, don't take it out!

I hate to parrot other comments, but while this is a great photo, I'm also dying to know what the heck that yellow thing in the middle is. Any revelations, anyone?

Love the image. Sharpness at larger size is a bit of an issue, but for web viewing it's adequate. Your composition choices are very good. I'd give the bottom tuft a grass just a bit more room.

Cheers.

Most reactions

Back