Fall is Here. *Fist Pump*

TM22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First fall with my new camera. We finally got hit by fall this week and I quickly went out to take some pics, and here they are (from two days of taking shots). And hey, if the pics are a little cliché, it's because I'm just gettin' with this, so gimma a break, heh. I also don't have a tripod, so yeah enjoy.

(Click images for larger version)

Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS
Shutter Speed: 1/320 second
Aperture: F/5.6
Focal Length: 34 mm
ISO Speed: 400

Shutter Speed: 1/125 second
Focal Length: 18 mm

Shutter Speed: 1/320 second
Focal Length: 125 mm

Shutter Speed: 1/512 second
Focal Length: 55 mm

I like them all pretty well, but the 2nd one is a really nice photo. I love the contrast of the green leaf against the dark wood, and the water droplet seals the deal.

#2 has nice contrast and colours but i might be tempted to crop it a bit differently so the leaf is not smack bang in the middle of the photo.
#3 is nicely framed and fairly interesting, good DOF.
#4 bugs me, i never understand why people turn the camera on such an angle. Any comments or opinions on why people do this from other members?

sometimes i just can't fit what i want in frame... diagonal lets you fit a bit more if someting is really long. i know i could just move back, but sometimes it's not possible, or i happen to like the focal length and distance im at and really don't want to change it. i usually like a 20 or 30ish degree tilt as opposed to a 45 though. however, sometimes a shot looks very nicely composed if you shoot a shot at 45 then straighten out the horizon and reframe it. maybe not so much for this shot, i've seen some stuning city shots like that.

TM22.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. Anymore comments and criticism?

Most reactions

Back