What's new

Fall out West

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 18, 2011
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
318
Location
Southern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last weekend was my last fall color trip of the year. Now Im sad I have to wait another 45ish weeks to see red and golden leaves! :(
Id love your burtal and honest feedback on these, and as always thanks for looking!

1. North Lake. 3 shot stitch using 14-24 as a storm broke at sunset. Used a GND so no HDR. Is it too much pano? Do the foreground trees get lost?
$North Lake Storm.webp

2. The Watchman. Photo of the watchman over the virgin river at sunset. Not the traditional view, but there were only 2 other photographers here :p
Single shot with 5 stops of GND filters. Im worried the filter darkened the trees too much, what do you think?
$Breathless.webp
 
I really love them both.
The color seems really un-natural on the second. I'd say no, the trees are very nice in this one
The first one is a bit to the same un-natural color, but I still really like it. It feels a bit dark to me. No. Not too much pano. Love the pano!
GORGEOUS SHOTS!
 
The color seems really un-natural on the second.

Hmm un natural in what way exactly? I did up the brightness / saturation of the upper trees to try to compensate for the ND. Used a lightroom cloudy preset for the WB. Perhaps I should print it and see what it looks like on paper incase my monitor is wonky.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom