Fall Reflections

Nice. With some optical illusion. :eagerness:

Nice potential. We just don't get colors like that around here. The 30 mph winds tend to blow them off the trees first.

For me, I want all of the leaves on the surface in focus and crisp, or at least a good portion of them. Not sure if it is focus point, dof, motion, blown, or a combo of those.

I like composition, colors but agree with this
Nice potential.....
For me, I want all of the leaves on the surface in focus and crisp, or at least a good portion of them.
especially
because lots of leaves are blown out

Could you reshoot?

Nice. With some optical illusion. :eagerness:

Thanks Timor. I had a good day at the lake.

Nice potential. We just don't get colors like that around here. The 30 mph winds tend to blow them off the trees first.

For me, I want all of the leaves on the surface in focus and crisp, or at least a good portion of them. Not sure if it is focus point, dof, motion, blown, or a combo of those.

I like composition, colors but agree with this
Nice potential.....
For me, I want all of the leaves on the surface in focus and crisp, or at least a good portion of them.
especially
because lots of leaves are blown out

Could you reshoot?

Thanks deeky and Marija for your thoughts. I understand your points of view and I can agree, but it was my intent to create a kind of floating illusion. There are three things going on here. The reflection from the tree branch above me, the slight movement in the water from the high winds and the floating leaves on top the water, which were moving also because of the wind. As someone who regularly shoots outside the box, I do mostly ICM photos, I was drawn to the movement and various shapes in the scene and the three different layers so to speak, of the reflection, slight ripple, and moving surface leaves. I felt the top leaves being out of focus helped to build on that movement. :)

I understand what you are saying, but there is a big difference between ICM and OOF.... beyond the ABC's.

I understand what you are saying, but there is a big difference between ICM and OOF.... beyond the ABC's.

You misunderstood, I didn't say this photo was an ICM. I said that I shoot mostly ICM, so I was drawn to the movement in this scene. I chose" to shoot it as I did, because I liked and felt that the slight blur of the surface leaves created a slight sense of movement.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back