Fall shoot with my neighbor's daughter

arcooke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first time to actually go out and take pictures of someone. Lighting is off in a few of them.. but I only have so much to work with right now having only owned my camera a month. I have a single 42" circular reflector (gold/silver/white/black, used gold and silver for these).

This girl is so photogenic.. and awesome in front of a camera. I had a lot of fun.. and got over some of my fears of shooting in public. :D

5176478863_2fb8ac6458_b.jpg

5176475675_f5836ebb8a_b.jpg

5177082556_c75dc25c52_b.jpg

5176479251_d1050b0eeb_b.jpg

5177081600_f87f61f780_b.jpg

5177080436_0d3651ef3c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set! The light looks beautiful in the second (my favorite), a nit pick would be to get the whole hand holding the flowers in that shot.

Least liked is the shot through the fence. But I don't hate it.

Nice set! The light looks beautiful in the second (my favorite), a nit pick would be to get the whole hand holding the flowers in that shot.

Least liked is the shot through the fence. But I don't hate it.

She actually picked those flowers and asked for a picture with them. :D

Thanks for the reply

She looks like a natural in front of the camera

#1: Can you clone out the cable on the wall above and the right to her head. It caught my attention right away.

#5: Too bad there is a hot spot on the left side of the face and neck. Even so, it is a good capture.

The other images are good! I particularly like the through the fence image (#4) as it is different then 99% of images that we usually see.

Good job. She really does look like she knew what she was doing. I wish I could get adults that looked that natural half...well more than half the time!

Great start and I agree with the others that she seems quite comfortable in front of the camera.

Just a couple of thoughts to consider.
Strategic use of your reflector to lift the shadows under the brim of the hat would've been a dramatic improvement by lighting her face.
Dappled light from underneath trees is rarely attractive for your model. Having an assistant to hold your diffuser would remove the uneven lighting.

Most reactions

Back