Fall

I like the colors in those. Nice set.

Nice set! Do tell, what 100mm lens did you buy? Snoopy minds want to know. :allteeth:

The full name is Pentax SMC D FA 100mm f2.8 WR Macro. Try saying that 6 times real fast. LOL Pentax does believe there's value in the number of letters in name.

Very sharp and nice bokeh. Can you do some macro with it now? Please?

Actually the first one is close to a macro. It was shot from about 16" away. In the process of building a set for Christmas photos, but I'll try to see if I can grab one.

@smoke665 Looks like a nice lens......I like the bokeh....

Nice! I love the DFA100. For macro I often shoot at f8 and above with this lens, when I can, for a larger slice of dof- the bokeh looks great at any aperture.

Nice photos, but I wonder about shooting so open. It makes a good bit of the composition out of focus so there's little in the frame you can actually see. The first one seems as if there are circular shapes/balls floating in mid air. They aren't, really, so I think it would be better to be able to see what they are. Of course maybe this was just trying out the new lens to see what you'd get.

beautiful ... love the colors

New lens, shriveled balls, nice

@vintagesnaps It was a quick intentional shot to show how the lens handles OOF. The "balls" you're seeing are Bokeh Balls, bright highlights in the OOF which become images of the aperture. One of the features of this particular lens are it's rounded aperture blades that create a circle or "ball" rather then an octagon. The image is a little deceptive in that the seed balls are only about a 1/4" in diameter, but with it's ability to render 1:1 you're only seeing a very small twig. With a minimum aperture of f32 I could have easily gained enough DOF to show all of the twig in sharp detail.

@pez One of the other reasons I went with it is the image circle covers the full frame sensor of the K1MII.

@jcdeboever I'm not that old yet!! Though I feel like it sometimes. Hope you're feeling better.

Most reactions

Back