Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like these a bit. What do you think?

1790958201_d15218475e_o.jpg

1790958227_82d2f62721_o.jpg

1790958243_4aa3eb141a_o.jpg

1790958269_dc3b83faba_o.jpg

1790958289_e7851ac494_o.jpg

I don't know. For me anyway, it is hard to see the "silver man" with the tree branches.....Like the color's though....

I like these, quite clever and definitely thinking outside the square...I think cloning out the string is a must and trying to create some separation between the figure and the tree, perhaps using layers. Also a different less busy background would look good and make it easier to clone out the string...I like the HDR treatment too btw. Shame he has a broken thumb...a little more cloning lol.

Thanks for the comments everyone. It hadn't even crossed my mind that the man might not stand out from the tree, because he always sprang out of the background for me, from the moment I saw him hanging there. Great feedback, thank you.

Roger, I thought about cloning out the string, and in some of the pictures it is more obvious than others, but I wanted to make it clear that I had recorded what is there in camera, not dropped the man in with Photoshop. I've only thought since that I could have been true to that but hidden the string if I'd spent a bit longer composing the shots.

There is no HDR here, all I did was play around with the sliders in the raw converter to recover a couple of blown highlights in the metal and turned up the colour temperature. I'd used fill-in flash (set to -1 stop) because although the top of the tree was in strong sunlight, down where the sculpture was hanging was in shade, and it seems to have balanced the tones pretty well. Perhaps all of that comes to the same thing as HDR.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back