Family golf tournament!

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My grandfather puts on a 9-hole best ball golf tournament every year for his birthday - he invites all his friends and family members and then throws a BBQ afterwards. This year was his 85th birthday and his 11th year hosting the tournament. We get everyone from my cousin's 19-year-old son on up to my grandfather's 80-year-old sister in law. All ability levels from once-a-year grass-thwackers to near-pro (my cousin is a superintendent at another course). Here are my favourite shots of three of my super fit and (obviously) decent golfer cousins.

aug 17 044 jim by civgirlca, on Flickr

aug 17 046 jackie by civgirlca, on Flickr

aug 17 018 rob by civgirlca, on Flickr

I should have shifted my position for the shots sooner - the picture of Jackie has the best background, I shot her near the end of the tee off.

You got some nice shots of them and you're right, it would be good to start thinking about the backgrounds and your vantage points and where you're positioned. You're finding one of the reasons that sports photographers go early, to figure out where to be. I usually go and roam around before a game starts if it's someplace I haven't been before.

You seem to have gotten the timing of the swing, and the one in pink is a nice one.

Most reactions

Back