Family photo for CC

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wanted to get some critique on this family's photo. I know that it's not the best, but the family understood the difficulty of shooting a 4 and 2 year old. Just want to see how I can improve.

ISO200, 1/250, f5.6, fill flash

IMG_4815.JPG

I'd close the door as the bright gap is attempting to make itself the 5th member of the family. I'd also move the yellow green foliage at the lower right.

It's not a bad image, but there are a lot of small things, which if they'd been dealt with, would have resulted in an overall, much stronger final product.

-As mentioned the background through the door is too bright; one more stop of light on the couple would have taken care of this nicely.

-The light(s) seem as though they were too low and too far away.

-Both Mom & Dad are leaning inward. Dad's not too bad, but it appears that Mom is either subconsciously trying to 'hide' or get closer to the family. Ideally, you should have moved her closer to Dad & the younger child and ensure that they were standing straight.

-Lots of headroom, but cropped toes... WTF?

what do you think about it?
how do you like light, fill flash, composition framing?

Well, to be harsh on myself, I don't think it's my best. I don't usually use flash, but since I had it attached, I tried it. The image would have had blown highlights coming through the door had I not exposed for it. So I guess in that respect, I made it work.

I knew somebody was going to mention the toes. It bothered me too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back