Family Photo Session....

crystal, if you see the hair looks like they have dandruff, it means you have over sharpened it. The default sharpening slider on LR3 is pretty good, but you must have done something prior to that on PS. Or, your low res conversion isn't a good setting.

lol
ok here is one hi res
i2ozmg.jpg

and here is the facebook one....
wwkax0.jpg

On this shot i would have place them on the other side of the tree and used the sun as a back light and a reflector to bounce light back or exposed for highlights and poped some flash on hss

Here's a shot i set up on Christmas day, i could see the light coming through the kitchen window behind so used it as a hair light to her front left is a conservatory with snow covering the roof (my big softbox)

1138646223_qPxXy-L.jpg

yes, but if I put them on the other side of the tree a big ugly garbage truck was in the HUGE parking lot and it was visible...

Here is a web site that I think might be very helpful to you. The products they sell are expensive, high-quality ones, but there are many lower-cost knock-offs and also do it yourself options. I think this site might inspire you, and also give you some ideas on how people have been dealing with the age-old problem of faces + sun + shade...it can take years to get to gsgary's level of experience and understanding...unless you have expert tutelage...this web site really is a good resource.

California Sunbounce USA: Home

OMG!
back from the park
I can't wait to upload these pictures!
I mean wow! I can not wait to practice more because I know I blinded the #$^@ out of those kids at the park but the difference!!!!

I'm a fan of the Lastolite Trigrip reflector/difusser.

994477072_JM2yB-XL.jpg

901437931_tJvQH-XL.jpg

I have that same reflector!
ok, so the stand you are using, is that a regular light stand with a different attachment?

ok so go easy on me because really this was my first time with a reflector...

but what I would normally do in this situation is expose for her skin, making the background bright, probably would not even be able to make out the fence or the playset.... or I would get home and try to brighten her up post.

Now I know this looks a tad like Robinsons flash demo (haha) because I need to find the sweet spot between over reflecting (what I did here) and doing it correctly.

I used the silver side of a triangle reflector here.

on the left is the pic with no reflector and on the right is the pic with....
I also adjusted levels and did a curve pop on the reflector one.

dvsx34.jpg

f4 1/400 iso 200

but what I would normally do in this situation is expose for her skin, making the background bright, probably would not even be able to make out the fence or the playset.... or I would get home and try to brighten her up post.

Now I know this looks a tad like Robinsons flash demo (haha) because I need to find the sweet spot between over reflecting (what I did here) and doing it correctly.

Wow, what a difference! Great job! Could just be my eyes, monitor, or some combination of the two, but they look a little cool to me though.

dvsx34.jpg

f4 1/400 iso 200

Did you take any with a white or gold reflector?

Look good! Now you can make the shutter even a lot faster and make the background more blur (but not blown).

dvsx34.jpg

f4 1/400 iso 200

Did you take any with a white or gold reflector?

I did with gold, I was getting ready to use the white one, but then my daughter had to pee :lol: so we had to hurry and go home....

Here is the gold

left, no reflector, right, gold reflector
11a905t.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back