Family Photo Session....

and they are all black and white because she has a wall in her house of black and white prints and wanted them that way...

crystal, if you see the hair looks like they have dandruff, it means you have over sharpened it. The default sharpening slider on LR3 is pretty good, but you must have done something prior to that on PS. Or, your low res conversion isn't a good setting.

crystal, if you see the hair looks like they have dandruff, it means you have over sharpened it. The default sharpening slider on LR3 is pretty good, but you must have done something prior to that on PS. Or, your low res conversion isn't a good setting.

lol
ok here is one hi res
i2ozmg.jpg

and here is the facebook one....
wwkax0.jpg

how did you get this facebook resolution?

For this session, I just did a mass process in photoshop, resizing all images.
I wonder if I have the sharpen box checked.......

I can not remember if I put a "facebook" action on these or not and I posted from facebook but I don't think I did.
I know in my actions, I do have a sharpening layer.
I'm going to re edit them tomorrow.
and yes, the exposure was pretty crappy, I was exposing for the skin, not the background.

You should have been using a deffuser to reduce the sunlight

garry, how do you diffuse a while family especially because she is working alone? The diffuser got to be huge.

Crystal, I dont get why you are still using photoshop actions to resize and edit your photos. You should really stick with LR3 to do 95% of your post processing and all of your resizing.

I actually prefer the one of the boy in color.

garry, how do you diffuse a while family especially because she is working alone? The diffuser got to be huge.

Crystal, I dont get why you are still using photoshop actions to resize and edit your photos. You should really stick with LR3 to do 95% of your post processing and all of your resizing.

one step at a time! haha
I export them to a folder and then into photoshop.

I've a few ebooks and I want to read them, but damn the time issue....

I like natures diffuser but sometimes that is not possible.
I do work alone and I would prefer to shoot when the sun is nice to the camera, but sometimes that is not possible, so I've been trying to shoot when it is the most work. I think it is the only way I can learn, shoot, try out different things, and post for cc.
You have to have some thick skin and a real desire to improve to post photos for cc, but I learn best by doing, so any suggestions on how to meter/expose better in the afternoon sun, when putting the sun behind them (backlighting) shows an ugly parking lot or trash can, so I need to find some shade, crap I'm in a "well shaded park" and I see it is well shaded but speckled all to heck.
So I should have used my flash? on camera? because there is no way that kid was going to stand still for more then 3 clicks for me to set up off camera flash...
I mean this is what I want to learn. I think I take decent photos, but it seems like they are just accidents and I don't understand why they came out well, like the ones of my son at his school play. I was happy with them, he looked crisp, in focus.
You can say because I was using the 70-200 2.8 but that can't be it because I've been happy with my results with my 35mm on my d3000, so it had to be exposure, lighting and post all coming together, but I want to do it on purpose, not shoot and pray.
Also, I want the summer sun back as well. lol
and while I'm at it, a million bucks would be nice too!

I like natures diffuser but sometimes that is not possible.
I do work alone and I would prefer to shoot when the sun is nice to the camera, but sometimes that is not possible, so I've been trying to shoot when it is the most work. I think it is the only way I can learn, shoot, try out different things, and post for cc.
You have to have some thick skin and a real desire to improve to post photos for cc, but I learn best by doing, so any suggestions on how to meter/expose better in the afternoon sun, when putting the sun behind them (backlighting) shows an ugly parking lot or trash can, so I need to find some shade, crap I'm in a "well shaded park" and I see it is well shaded but speckled all to heck.
So I should have used my flash? on camera? because there is no way that kid was going to stand still for more then 3 clicks for me to set up off camera flash...
I mean this is what I want to learn. I think I take decent photos, but it seems like they are just accidents and I don't understand why they came out well, like the ones of my son at his school play. I was happy with them, he looked crisp, in focus.
You can say because I was using the 70-200 2.8 but that can't be it because I've been happy with my results with my 35mm on my d3000, so it had to be exposure, lighting and post all coming together, but I want to do it on purpose, not shoot and pray.
Also, I want the summer sun back as well. lol
and while I'm at it, a million bucks would be nice too!

Put them in the shade and use a silver reflector to bounce light back into them, all you have to do is rest it against your legs or use a tripod to rest it against or get a radio shutter release and hold refletor or deffuser yourself and fire the shutter by remote, easy :p

Thats a great idea, reflector/diffuser with remote shutter.

well I'm off to the park with my kids.
With reflector/diffuser in tow!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back