fancy fire escape

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
escape012613_zps0adad358.jpg

I like it. I would consider blacking out all of the open air in the steel. That might be cool. It needs a little straightening.

It's an interesting shot. I like the lines on the far side of the staircase that provide some nice depth.
These are extremely hard to find the right line to "straighten" the image with and I think you chose wisely with the circle down in the bottom left hand corner. I tried the blacking out of the negative like Mike mentioned above, I was curious, only works in a couple of locations as you would remove the depth.

Thanks guys!

This actually is pretty straight. I put a grid on it, and with the exception of the vertical column just left of center, which is a drainpipe and not straight, everything else lines up just about right. Some lines do look a little off, but I assume it's some sort of illusion because they lined up on the grid.

I considered darkening the light areas, but finally decided I'd rather leave them. I think Lee is right about the feeling of depth.

I like it, and would like to see some different lighting / processing variations. Very strong subject though, great geometry.

I like it, and would like to see some different lighting / processing variations. Very strong subject though, great geometry.
These are my thoughts as well. I'd increase the saturation (which, in this particular photo, would improve the depth of the image), or otherwise try a nice B&W conversion.

Neat shot!
I'd like to see the B&W conversion if you decide to try it, I think that would be very cool.

OK, here we go. I actually did boost the color saturation from the original, but clearly not enough. I decided instead to follow the BW suggestion and tinker with it in a couple of minor ways -

escape012613pbw_zpscce14f86.jpg

Most reactions

Back