Far or Near?

Given just the two options, I'd go with 2 over 1. But as already said, one has a lot of possibilities. I would crop out most of the right side, leaving a little more detail just under the flower, and more room around it. Colors are just perfect, and nicely exposed.

Nice shots but I like the NEAR One, Nice color, comes alive, nice work

Given just the two options, I'd go with 2 over 1. But as already said, one has a lot of possibilities. I would crop out most of the right side, leaving a little more detail just under the flower, and more room around it. Colors are just perfect, and nicely exposed.

Thank you Joel for those words
'
:D

Imo, they are two completely different shots, with two different messages. I interpret Far as "beauty is found everywhere"ish. Near seems more of a close-up portrait.

I choose both.

Imo, they are completely different photos, with very different messages...based on my own interpretations, of course. Both have qualities I like. I'll write more when I'm off the iPhone.

I prefer near, I find myself wandering around in the far photo.

Imo, they are completely different photos, with very different messages...based on my own interpretations, of course. Both have qualities I like. I'll write more when I'm off the iPhone.

I am eagerly waiting for that :D

Far:
I don't know how you did the lighting, but it's beautiful! It looks like it glows, in a natural way. I like the lifeless (in lack of a better word) background. Or rather, "soon-to-be-lifeful" background. I'm not sure about the English word for those "un-finished" flowers, but this image shows what they one day will become. They may be ugly, grey and lifeless, but they sure will grow into something beautiful. This sounds cliché, but that was what I though. It can apply to many a situation, something people might relate to - or somehow relate to similar situations. Of course, I have no idea why you shot it like that, but that is my interpretation.
One thing, though. I wish you had included the entire thing in upper right corner, as it plays an important part in my interpretation :)

Near:
Same as before about the lighting. It's beautiful. The flower is razor sharp. Beautiful close-up. Did you use a flash coming from image right?

Ohh, and I never intended to post twice, the phone messed up, and I posted again...but the first one came through anyway...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back