Farm in Boxley AR

revenater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please let me know what you think.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411877404.978919.jpg

It is a pretty scene, but aside from what John said about the yellows, I think it would be a stronger image if you cropped out all or most of the sky. The problem I have with it, is the placement of the barn and the main horizon line. That line cuts the photo in half right at the middle and with the barn dead center too it lacks something. Without the sky, it at least offsets that line between trees and land a little higher up so the barn in the center isn't quite as problematic. I would probably have shot it a bit on an angle so the barn was just a bit more to the left or right in the scene. Just my opinion.

Dagwood57
I see what you mean. Thank you for your thoughts.

I agree with Dagwood, the sky is too dull and the rest of the picture much more interesting. I would crop just above the white haze. The field with the hay bales is very nice!

Well, since we're re-working this shot for her; the building is also centered, which makes one think that that is the main subject. Sooo.... if you're going to re-shoot this, pick a more artistic frame.

I like the yellowish cast to this scene, FWIW. I think that makes it seem "dreamy".

In this version I made the treetops, the hay bale, and the building all on the "thirds".

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411877404.978919 - Version 2.jpg

Nice scene! The composition might also benefit with the compression of a telephoto lens in which your focal points would be more pronounced, rather than so small.

Most reactions

Back