Fashiony shot

I like it. Lighting is great and skin process is good. I would have had her hair smooth out a bit but that's just personal preference.

Has appeal but the hair is a big distraction to me.

I was actually thinking to use much more backcombing on her hair to make it even more chaotic, but that was too misleading, so for me this was the perfect balance.
The hair wasn't supposed to be smoothend out.

Thanks for the comments!

The hair was was attracted me and I think sets it appart. We're long past heroin chic, but this has a lot of rogue appeal I think. The shot has beautiful tone and the backdrop does well to set off the makeup.

I looks very well executed. My biggest issue is the sheer darkness, the blackness, of the eyebrow...that bothers me.I like the golden eyelash! I LOVE the dark lipstick. Her skin looks great! I like the way her nose has been very well-lighted, and that little outline of highlight under her lower lip is excellent! Overall, it looks like very careful makeup and careful posing and good photographing has been done. I think the processing could be changed to any number of different "looks", and it would still be a strong photograph.

I agree with Vtec44. The first one has the light balanced wrong -- Derrel thinks the dark area under the chin should be lighter, Vtec44 thinks the background should be darker.

I don't care which way you go, but one or the other is necessary ;) Is this a deeply shadowed Caravaggio style piece, or a more traditionally lit, lightly moody, fashion piece? The first one can't make up it's mind. The second one leans heavily Caravaggio, and thus works better.

Most reactions

Back