Faster than a turtle, slower than a hare.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent some time chasing around a cicada this afternoon. The little guy kept on the move making it hard to get a decent shot.

P8210049.jpg

P8210007.jpg

P8210009.jpg

P8210001.jpg

Ron, glad you kept up the chase, these are some great shots!

You don't see them very often. I think I have only ever seen 4 or 5 in my lifetime. Nice going!

Setting my size-11 to STOMP!! mode....

When I lived in Kentucky, we would get hundreds of them, we used to play with the shells after the crawled out of them. ;) I wish I could see them now that I am into photography.

So that is what they look like up close. Great set. One of my pups brought one into the house. You could hear it chirping inside his mouth. Yuk.

Nice set there, Ron. I don't miss the noise those things would make when I lived in Indiana, it was constant and almost deafening at times. Their exoskeletons were cool to find.

Spent some time chasing around a cicada this afternoon. The little guy kept on the move making it hard to get a decent shot.

wow great shots.. i knew they were around this year but just never spotted any. heard a couple in the distance... every 17 years they come.. so getting these shots was extra special....

Most reactions

Back