Father's Day portraits

michael9000000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first stab ever at Father/child portraits. These shots were taken in the baby's room. The was a window camera left and a 42" reflector camera right. I was pleased with the results, but I always welcome C&C... Hit me! : )

$image-3721115185.jpg

$image-1634394630.jpg

$image-3416244643.jpg

$image-1164665290.jpg

$image-1914023493.jpg

P.S. Photo #5 drives me crazy. I love the image, but the cramped quarters and 50mm prime lens forced me to chop his elbows of laterally.

i like 4 best.. but its a lil underexposed i think. i love the idea of the others... but in 1 n 2 it looks like baby is not well supported. dad looks like hes nervous holding his newborn or something. 2 also has babies face too in the shadows imo. the last is cue but all i see is arm pit hair. lol

the first two remind me of a couple i took of my friends hubby and newborn a few months ago.. not saying these are my best lol but to show you what i mean regarding better supporting baby for the shots.

heather-1-15 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

heather-1-14 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

these are beautiful! thanks for sharing. would like to see them too, in black and white.

these are beautiful! thanks for sharing. would like to see them too, in black and white.

Thanks for the kind words. I tried a black and white conversion of the photos, but I didn't come up with anything that I liked. The background merged with the skin tones into just a blob of gray. Then again, I'm not too clever with black and white conversions anyway, because I rarely try it.

Perhaps you'd like try it? You'd probably do a much better job than me, and I'm curious to see your results.

i like that ^^

and i did this...i like black and white. not all photos, but for ones like these...just looks so classic to me. timeless. idk. maybe i'm just weird.

$image-1634394630.jpg

oops, i could have lightened that up a bit. lol but you get the idea!
:)

exciting to be a dad, no?

oops, i could have lightened that up a bit. lol but you get the idea!
:)

exciting to be a dad, no?

I like your conversion... And yes, it is exciting to be a dad. I wasn't the daddy in the photo though. I was just the photographer. However, I do have three young children of my own.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back