What's new

Faux Flower Composition (Mondrian)

Tom23

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 1, 2014
Messages
41
Reaction score
56
Location
Ri
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This decoration sits in the hallway of the house so I took a picture of it and after half an hour I somehow ended up with this.


 
I know what you were going for here, but I really like just that red panel alone. I think that's a really strong image and puts the rest to shame.
 
I know what you were going for here, but I really like just that red panel alone. I think that's a really strong image and puts the rest to shame.

Alone, the red is simply another pretty stock photograph of a flower in a vase. It has limited meaning beyond being visually pleasing to look at. There is nothing really wrong with that, but the collage transcends this limitation by commenting on an earlier work and opening it up to multiple levels of interpretation.
 
Outstanding! I love it! Very nicely done! :thumbup: :D
 
I know what you were going for here, but I really like just that red panel alone. I think that's a really strong image and puts the rest to shame.

Alone, the red is simply another pretty stock photograph of a flower in a vase. It has limited meaning beyond being visually pleasing to look at. There is nothing really wrong with that, but the collage transcends this limitation by commenting on an earlier work and opening it up to multiple levels of interpretation.

subjective. :)
 
Hey glad to read these insights. I didn't show you my other piece from today, the Flowers from the Start Menu :)

 
I like the shot in all hues. the blue is great.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom