Favorite Type of photography

Glam/fashion type photos - Because of the interaction with people and the amazing pictures you can take with minimal to no processing. There's just certain things you can do with 20 minutes and a nice lighting setup that just looks unreal when compared to some other straight out of the camera photos out there.

People portraits - The interaction again. Just being able to be my dumb self and elicit the responses I want from people. Plus it's usually just fun.

Street/candid - Being able to capture a moment that can just be put into a photo but shows so much about a person is amazing. Taking 250th of a second of some one's life and showing so much about them, with the person not even realizing it half the time, is one of the reasons I got into photography. I don't get to do it that often, but it's one of my favorite aspects of photography.

I find it really satisfying, challenging, and more fun than almost anything to shoot sports. I haven't really done it much, but trying to keep up with everything is incredibly difficult and fun at the same time.

I REALLY wish that I was able to do it more, and with the summer months were i'm not a full time student, i'm really going to be making an effort to try and shoot as much of it as possible.

I'm getting ready and have started gathering assets to get my hands on a D2h and I have some racing that I'm pretty sure i'm going to be start shooting this year, just need to get the schedules.

I'm really interested to see what's possible with the combination of daylight fast action and strobes to really create a compelling, interesting, dynamic portrait that really illustrates the essence of whatever the sport is.

I dabbed into it a few weeks ago when I was shooting some mountain bike racing, and I'd like to think I was pretty successful. I'd really like to see where I can take it besides biking:

2399993045_7baea6c0c7_o.jpg

2399985807_719376a010_o.jpg

2399993055_37f92fcce3_o.jpg

I mostly like people photography, be it portrait, street shooting, party shots or whatever. Next would be landscapes, particularly if they had man made objects in them, like roads, dams, fences, etc.

My favorite type of photography is portraiture.

Lately since my son is graduating from highschool this year, I am into senior portraits.

I did though make the mistake of taking my own sons pics, thinking that I could do them well, but I am not happy with them, not without them being ps edited by my boyfriend that knows his way around photoshop, and I dont .

I'm still discovering what I truly like, but so far:

1. Landscapes/Urban landscapes are fun. Probably one of my favorite things to shoot.

2. Event/documentary is what I'd like to shoot professionally

3. Wildlife is a good time, probably my dream job, just like everyone else's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back