What's new

feather and stone

spako

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 24, 2006
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
10
Location
Luxemburg
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to do a shot about contrast for a contest on another forum... what do you think? is this ok or just way past the theme of the contest?

how could I improve it?

any C&C would be welcome!

contrast1.jpg
 
here's another edit of the shot...
which one do you prefer?
contrast2.jpg
 
I think this works for the theme of contrast. I prefer the first one, because the space between the two makes me pause and consider each separately, which adds another level to the contrast. Also, the black background makes it seem like the stone is that much heavier, that it could fall on the feather. Perhaps my monitor is dark, but the edges of the feather seem to fade into the black in spots. I don't know if you intended that effect or not, but more light and therefore detail in the feather might lend more to the notion of contrast.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom