Feedback Wanted!

Since you're new here, I'll let you know nice way before someone else gets to you... :lol:

No one is going to critique your photos if all you post is a link to your blog. You need to post photos directly to this thread. If you need help doing that, I believe there is a sticky with instructions in the beginner's forum.

I'll say one thing though... I'm definitely not understanding the close up on the dude's leg?

Actually, Emily is being very, very reasonable.

If you are coming to a photography forum for a critique, then we would expect you to post the photos here, and then to give you a suitable critique, we'd want to know some background, such as:

1) What was your vision when you made this image?
2) What did you intend the audience to see or feel?
3) How did you go about achieving your goal?
4) What area(s) do you feel you did not succeed in and are asking for help on?

If you are looking for a pat on the back, then you're not looking for a critique, and we don't have to spend much time on this. Generally people who post links don't get much response as external sites sometimes have bad things that can infect unsuspecting users, and we will avoid clicking on links of unknown integrity.

Oh. Sorry about the link thing but realistically, I'm a teenager so my blog is all I have for a site.
And I didn't have a specific photo I wanted for you all to see. I just wanted to know general opinions. Like, people were talking about the leg hair one. Someone said they all just look like snapshots. I wanted to know if you guys had any favorites, hated them all, etc.
I really feel like I'm improving on my photography and I'd like to continue to do so, and I just thought some feedback or tips etc. would definitely help.
Sorry, I am a newbie, advice is wanted.

Our advice to you is to get a free flickr account and post pictures in this thread. Don't hide behind your age......=) That is an excuse that won't win you much sympathy around here.
Now get to it......lol We can't wait to help you!!!;)

Our advice to you is to get a free flickr account and post pictures in this thread. Don't hide behind your age......=) That is an excuse that won't win you much sympathy around here.
Now get to it......lol We can't wait to help you!!!;)

She won't need a Flickr account because her blog is on Tumblr.

@OP - if you right click on one of the images on your blog, choose "Copy Image Address". Come back here and paste that URL between
tags. For example, your most recent pic would be posted as
URL]
. I purposely misspelled Tumblr as Tumbler so the code would show rather than the image. Hope that makes sense.

Study the visual arts. Photography is just one of them, and there is a lot to be learned from studying the worlds of sculpture, painting, and graphic design too.

To that end, studing art appreciation would be a good start. art appreciation - Bing

You may want to check to see if you qualify to take an art appreciation course at your local junior college.

Well, we can tell you we love them all.... and you won't be learning anything from that. We can say the opposite, and same result except maybe for also some bruised feelings.

So if you want to learn, you need to be more specific. Pick an image you really like and you think is fantastic, tell us why we should care, and then sit back and get the reaction. If you tell us what you're trying to do, and how you went about it, it's much easier to help when we know what you're after, than saying "I took this picture and I love it. Don't you? Please C&C".

We all were teenagers at one point or another. Some of us still think we are. But the learning process generally works the same whether you're young or old - you set an objective, you try to achieve it, you kinda but not really get there, and you ask for others to see what you've done. If you're honest with yourself, you will already know when it's not really great. On the other hand, you could find that people are going bananas over something you didn't care much about - welcome to the subject nature of art.

The poster above me, Keith, probably has forgotten more about photography than many of us will learn, so it is a good idea to take his advice, and at the very least, ponder it.

Anyway, good luck on this interesting hobby - it will teach you a lot about yourself.

No! Definately not! I will not click on your link or run up the counter on your blog! You post photos here and I will gladly critique them, but I will not go into the wilds of the internet jungle to provide you with feedback, link or no link.

Right click copy picture on your site, paste in text box.
tumblr_lphltu7dPF1qiahx9o1_400.jpg

Why is it so easy to do with someone else's photos but never our own?:er:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back