What's new

Feedback

rower

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Cambridge, U.K
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I'm new to this forum and pretty new to photography with a proper camera in general. I have been taking photos with my D3100 for about a year now and feel somewhat stuck with my photography and thought some feedback on composure and subsequent processing would help me improve further. Any thought and opinions would be greatly received. Thanks.

Photo 1 & 2: Lac d'Aiguebelette - January 2012 (post & pre adjustment)
​Photo 3 & 4: Perth, WA - March 2012 (post & pre adjustment)
Photo 5: Margaret River,WA - March 2012

$France TC 2012 - Modified_low.webp$France TC 2012_low.webp$Perth 2012 b - Modified_low.webp$Perth 2012 b_low.webp$Perth 2012_low.webp
 
I like the second one the most. it looks more natural. I think the opening should be a little more center though
 
I tend toward the second and fourth but I think there is a tendency on your part to want to show too much and a strong love for bright suns...I didn't think you needed either. It's just another person's take and as always artistic licence always goes with the artist.

$8391086600_a069b7eac8_o.webp $8391086666_57cf6f34b7_o.webp a little extra darkening of the water on this one
 
Last edited:
Thanks Amber and ceeboy for your comments.
It is interesting, as I have asked friends who aren't into photography and they always prefer the original images more too. Perhaps I should content myself to not trying to do post-processing in terms of colour levels and contrast etc. I'm not very 'arty' so perhaps don't have to eye to improve my pictures through editing. I see what you mean about having the opening more central - I still find it hard while taking shots of sports (or anything moving) as I tend to focus on the object (in this case the boat) instead of the background/overall composure. ceeboy - I like what you've done particularly with the second photo as it makes the boat more the focus of the picture which was my original intention - I see what you mean about showing too much. Cropping isn't something I've really explored as a means to improve my images but I will be sure to try it in future.
 
I really like the intense colored photos, though it might seem a bit over the top I think that just depends on peoples different opinions and likes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom