TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deadeyestudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_1043.jpg

I take it this is cropped way down, so it's a bit soft, but wow what amazing subject matter to have captured!!! How on earth did you get this shot??

I take it this is cropped way down, so it's a bit soft, but wow what amazing subject matter to have captured!!! How on earth did you get this shot??

Yep its way cropped down and also I blew a hard worked for shoot. I got a ton of these after setting up a remote in a 12 foot tall hide. It was very foggy this morning when I set up the remote and allmost all were over exposed. :thumbdown: I used a 200mm lens on tripod trigg with a wizard from far far away. My neighbor is using a 400 and 1.4 converter so hope better results for him.

IMG_0951.jpg

Wow!!

Great work with the hide. Did the birds try to bombard you while you were setting up? Is there just one chick? I'm hoping you're able to take periodic shots as the chick(s) grow up. Very exciting

IMG_1143.jpg
Wow!!

Great work with the hide. Did the birds try to bombard you while you were setting up? Is there just one chick? I'm hoping you're able to take periodic shots as the chick(s) grow up. Very exciting

Yes they protested a bit. I sent a LOT of time getting them used to my being around. Only one chick this year . Yep Ill be shooting them all summer.

Wonderful shots to get and a great set-up :)
hope to see many more shots of the over the comming weeks/days/months of these birds!

Out of interest have you considered renting a longer lens for a week or so - with a set-up like this and the chance for such scenes it would be worth thinking about

Wonderful shots to get and a great set-up :)
hope to see many more shots of the over the comming weeks/days/months of these birds!

Out of interest have you considered renting a longer lens for a week or so - with a set-up like this and the chance for such scenes it would be worth thinking about

Yep I sure have gave it a thought. A 400 or 600 might do a trick or two.

Or move the hide closer by putting big pads on the bottom feet and stick it in the creek. How FAR will I go to get the shot:mrgreen: LOL

ahh but then not only will the birds be attacking, but the fishies too!
can you fight of both?

Disaster struck the hide in the form of a thunder and lightening storm. Rebuild took a day and some swimming to retrieve a few bits and pieces, Its built better than ever now , guyed four ways and ratchet strapped to the dock. A larger shooting deck with a ball head and chair, improved camouflage. The neighbor a Freelance shooter is up there early AM working the soft light, I go up mid and late evening working a more dramatic light and turning out some spectacular stuff.
Cheers

ouch - good to hear that you managed to get it back together!
Out of interst have you thought about using a blog to record the day to day (or at least trip to trip) photos and events happening?

Most reactions

Back