Female Red Winged Blackbirds

DTB58

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would be interested to get opinions on these photos. Good or bad is great. I need to learn :D

$34.JPG$39.JPG$32.JPG

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please post the originals with no editing... and the metadata intact. Are these major crops?

OP
D

DTB58

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I dont know if these would be major crops or not I just trimmed a bit off the edges. I dont exactly know what you mean by "metadata." As far as I know, all I did was save the same pic after I cropped them. Is there something I may have done to remove it?

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I dont know if these would be major crops or not I just trimmed a bit off the edges. I dont exactly know what you mean by "metadata." As far as I know, all I did was save the same pic after I cropped them. Is there something I may have done to remove it?

Metadata is often removed when you web-compress a file. It is usually a setting in the Save For Web function of whatever software you are using. Metadata (Exif Data) is a record of how the image was shot, what equipment was used, etc.. that is stored in the image by the camera when you take the image.

I was just wondering what you shot these with... the detail is really bad, and I was wanting to try to figure out why.

This is the full sized image of #3... as you can see, the details in the feather is almost non-existent. I wasn't sure if it was due to processing, or how it was shot.

View attachment 46546

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
They seem a little soft. I like the pose in 1 and 3 but the branch in the foreground is a little distracting. #2 is a cool concept but the shadow on the head detracts from the bird... Female RWBB are a very tricky bird for some reason. It is really hard to pull out feather detail

OP
D

DTB58

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Metadata is often removed when you web-compress a file. It is usually a setting in the Save For Web function of whatever software you are using. Metadata (Exif Data) is a record of how the image was shot, what equipment was used, etc.. that is stored in the image by the camera when you take the image.

I was just wondering what you shot these with... the detail is really bad, and I was wanting to try to figure out why.

This is the full sized image of #3... as you can see, the details in the feather is almost non-existent. I wasn't sure if it was due to processing, or how it was shot.
Oh; OK I get it now. Actually what I used was Irfanview, and I clicked on "Save As" named the file, and saved it as a .JPG file. A lot of people without a trained eye seemed to think these were great shots; but I knew I would encounter different/varied perceptions here, and those are the kinds of things I want to learn . I am looking around for a photography course to take so I can get all the basics down...I'll see if I can track down the originals. They might still be on my camera. This was just done with a Canon Powershot SX 20. I appreciate your feedback - it will be very helpful. :D

OP
D

DTB58

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
They seem a little soft. I like the pose in 1 and 3 but the branch in the foreground is a little distracting. #2 is a cool concept but the shadow on the head detracts from the bird... Female RWBB are a very tricky bird for some reason. It is really hard to pull out feather detail
Yea; I agree about trying to pull out the feather details on this bird. Can I ask how you would have taken this picture, and what you would have used?

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics