Festive Bauble

Unfortunately the bright lights distract from the ornament. The ornament itself is quite nice, and I like the relatively dim lighting on it and so on, it has a proper "christmas tree in the evening" look to it. It is a rather un-colorful ornament, however, it has muted brownish tones as far as I can tell, and it's not terribly reflective as these things go, so it gets lost against the brighter and punchier elements of the photograph. Basically everything else is the frame is *visually* more interesting than the subject, in the sense that the eye moves to them.

I find the cord a little untidy, and it bothers me that the ornament is not hanging freely (but that's just a trope, these photographs always have the ornament hanging freely, so I expect it).

You've handled many of the technical details quite well, the focus is good, the exposure is right about where it ought to be for this sort of thing (to my eye). Maybe a little less depth of field would be nice, to pull attention more onto the ornament (although, again, that's just a trope).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back