few beginner shots c&c please

I'm probably a bigger noob than you, but being a watch collector (with plenty of watch pics) I'd like to say "nice Speedy"

ok point taken anyone with any c&c about the other 3?? (its not me its my wife0

1 - not bad. Few things to watch for - don't cut off parts of the subject - like the watches. Also watch your backgrounds. It's a little distracting with the light(?) on the left and whatever the back is. Also I feel like there is too much foreground.

2- isn't very interesting to me. I can't tell for sure on my phone but none of them look to be in sharp focus. Could just be my phone though.

3 - I think composition wise it would've looked better centered so the image would be symmetrical.

Did you use your pop-up flash for all of these?

thanks for the comments megan ,yes i did use pop up flash would you have used pop up flash??

longjon75 said:
thanks for the comments megan ,yes i did use pop up flash would you have used pop up flash??

Probably not. If you have to use your pop up you should diffuse it with something - like toilet paper or you might be able to go into your menu and change your flash to manual and lower the flash output. Not too sure about your camera though. On camera flash like that isn't very pleasing.

I have an external speedlight that I use on camera but it has the ability to bounce so it isn't shooting right at the subject. Before I had the speedlight I would use a larger aperture (small f#) and a higher ISO. That can cause noise if not exposed properly though.

Not familiar with your camera but try diffusing the flash OR wait for the right light.

I will try to post a link tonight of the difference between a portrait shot with pop-up flash vs bounced flash vs high ISO, large aperture.

Most reactions

Back