Few From My First Wedding CC

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So it's been a long time since I have posted anything on here but I recently shot a wedding and am looking for some CC. It was a HUGE learning experience and I feel that I did an ok job. let me have it!

25yvbj6.jpg

15dp89z.jpg

xlwahj.jpg

30m9xt3.jpg

4jt7x4.jpg

sxp2es.jpg

2ikefwp.jpg

dbmiya.jpg

206ylx2.jpg

23upv94.jpg

2a9r693.jpg

sorry if i posted too many
edit-tinypic made them look worse than they are lol

Sorry! thank you.

I think you did her a great disservice on the dress shot #4. Doesn't really show off her dress at all.

Is your wb off or is that a very offwhite dress? never know these days, lol.

Why'd you decapitate them in shot 7? if the point was the rings/hands, then even tighter crop, if not, leave their heads on.

8 is a bit soft, think ya just missed focus on that one.

Not sure what the deal is with shot 6. lol. the back of that gals head is not all that exciting...I'm guessing you were going for a smoother less blown out blur in background,,,but ya didn't get it.

Last one would have been money, but you cut off his head. It's still a decent shot though. maybe a little better conversion and less blurry on her face also.

10 is pretty cute, but you cut off elbow and piece of his leg.

it seems most of what I am not liking is your framing/cropping off body parts.

anyway, these are all obviously simply my opinion...so take it for what its worth.

:)

Considering it's your first wedding, they're not bad

The dress was an off white. I have more of the dress showing it all off. The back of the lady's he's is her mom looking down the aisle as the bride was about to walk. I agree on the focus an crop comments. I was using the 70-200 2.8. Was not ready or used to that focal length lol. Thanks though. She loved them and that's all that matters I guess. I learned a ton though.

Kudos for trying a wedding. Weddings are the Olympics of photography...most aren't ready to shoot them these days it seems. I have turned down 3 this month alone. People see you taking decent photos, or even good photos and they try to talk you into doing their wedding. I am comfortable with myself for E sessions now or other portrait style shoots, but I am nowhere near ready for a wedding. I am going to be 2nd and 3rd shooter at a wedding next month so I'm looking forward to getting my cherry popped on those events. I'll enjoy the freedom of being able to roam and not be stressed.

Your stuff isn't terrible, I was just pointing out things I didn't care for, so I hope you took it that way.

Everything is good! Good job! None of the images wow me, but they are all good, clean, solid shots. In my opinion it is more important to be able to shoot a solid wedding versus an 'iffy' wedding with a couple wow shots. So a great start I would say! Ps, the crops don't bother me at all...it is a style choice. I did think your subjects seemed a little stiff and overly posed in some shots, but I don't know if they were just a little less comfortable in front of the camera.

Most reactions

Back