#1 - This has a few technical imperfections which can be easily fixed in photoshop (straighten so that vertical lines are vertical, correct white balance and remove some noise) however it also a bit out of focus/blurry which can't really be fixed, but the main problem with this photo is that it's a bit boring and doesn't really have a subject. No remedy for that other than shoot something else.
#2 I quite like this, the composition is at least thought out somewhat. It is a bit bright for my tastes though. I will say one thing about the shot composition-wise: When you're going for the symmetrical composition look (which I think you have done here) it is best to take your time and ensure that it is actually symmetrical; it's usually best to have it either perfcectly aligned or not at all. Having said that, I can see there would have been an annoying pole in the way of the bell for this shot, so I guess that's a tradeoff.