Few pictures for C&C

adarklullaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Second trip out with the camera this weekend.

Looking for some thoughts on what I could do better as I'm still very new to things. Did a bit of experimenting with b&w and found that I really liked the water shots in b&w instead of color. Maybe it's simply the time of year and lack of color. Planning on going back in the spring when the green takes back over.

Thanks in advance!

DSC00598bwcrop.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00580bw.jpg

I personally think you should give up. That's just my opinion though.

:hug::

#2 has potential...it wud of been a better shot if the branches werent in the foreground.

I think you should have the two in B&W in colour (becuase there is less texture) and have the middle one in black & white.. just my opinion :)

wthell lol :playball:

Hahaha sorry...she is a friend of mine. She knows I was teasing and I was hoping the hug emoticon would show as that my statement was sarcastic. I guess I didn't pull off my desired effect.

Hahaha sorry...she is a friend of mine. She knows I was teasing and I was hoping the hug emoticon would show as that my statement was sarcastic. I guess I didn't pull of my desired effect.

Haha i figured something was up.

But to the OP the branches looming around in all of them are distracting.
N maybe a LITTLE slowing shutter speed to make it more flowy if you will. But thats jus the way I like seeing waterfalls/rapids.

Hahaha sorry...she is a friend of mine. She knows I was teasing and I was hoping the hug emoticon would show as that my statement was sarcastic. I guess I didn't pull off my desired effect.

LOL......you had me cracking up!! I didnt expect that comment from you!! I was like......Damn!!

But to the OP the branches looming around in all of them are distracting.
N maybe a LITTLE slowing shutter speed to make it more flowy if you will. But thats jus the way I like seeing waterfalls/rapids.

I'd considered a slower shutter speed, but my tripod broke and I really didn't have a way to keep the camera still like I would have liked. Unfortunately I hadn't realized it was broken until I'd driven all the way there. I would have liked to have gotten the water more misty in appearance.

I think you should have the two in B&W in colour (becuase there is less texture) and have the middle one in black & white.. just my opinion :)

x2 here, seems like that would go much better.

where abouts in NC were these pictures taken? Looks like a pretty cool place!

LOL......you had me cracking up!! I didnt expect that comment from you!! I was like......Damn!!

Hahaha. I was the one that told her she should share more of her pictures. Any critique mishele? I would feel bad if I convinced her to start a thread and then didn't at least solicit critiques from you guys :lol:

Thanks all! I appreciate the comments. I do have the color versions of the b&w images I posted. When I get home this evening I'll post them up and let you have a look.

AG, it's Laurel Mill in Louisburg, NC. It's about 45 min North of Raleigh. Couple hours from the Boone area I imagine. I do like the Boone area. Went there this past fall and loved the coloring along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sadly I didn't have my camera then to capture the colors.

HikinMike thanks for the shears comment. I'll add that to my aresenal. ;) On a side note, the pictures on your website are wonderful. I visited your site the other day and enjoyed it immensely.

GFreg - you leave me speechless. ;)

Here's an idea of what the shots look like in color. It just seemed rather bland to me with so much brown. Do you disagree?

DSC00595.jpg

Ok she keeps complaining that you guys aren't being harsh enough. Come on, rip her to shreds! :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back