Few shots from the weekend.

They all look a little soft. Most are taken from good angles and positioned well.
#2 on the slideshow is my favorite.
#1 right off the bat looks out of focus.

Could the softness be from camera shake?
Overall, I think they look good but could be sharper.

yeah, I noticed the sharpness.

Camera shake? Most likely. Shorts...no coat...35 degrees...raining...= me shivering.

haha.

Plus the equipment I was shooting with wasn't really the best. Just a cannon XTi with a kit lens.

Suggestions on making the pictures sharper without using a tripod? maybe different settings or..idk?

What settings were you shooting at? I think they look great concidering the gloomy day and kit lens.

iso - 100
ss - varied between 1/25 and 1/320
ap - 5.6

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I would think that 1/25 could easily cause soft photos, especially with such fast action.

Boost the ISO on days where is gloomy like that, on the XTI ISO800 would still look good in my opinion.

If you were trying to pan and get some blur you would have to play with a combination of higher ISO and shutter speeds to find the right combination to produce the effect you wanted.

They look pretty good considering. I like the one with the white quad flying through the air.

Yeah. I have absolutely no clue as to why i didn't boost the iso so i could increase the shutter speed a bit. duhhhhh

Total noob mistake. Wow...

Thanks for the comments anyway :)

Anyone around the MO/IL area going to be at the Greene Acres race in may?

Most reactions

Back