Few Shots from the weekend

Onemarshboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
went out shooting with the new camera this weekend.....got some reasonable shots....still lots to learn tho.

Thanks for looking,

Rob

4761965836_e04b36eb62_b.jpg

4761325949_d854d1cd84_b.jpg

4761326285_6cac3bb881_b.jpg

4761959252_126cba2b63_b.jpg

4761959602_f6961da5f2_b.jpg

4761323205_4c147b0179_b.jpg

some cool ones in here.. I really hate when people do that to trees because it defeats any purpose they have but it made for a pretty cool photo obviously.. the flowers ones were alright but kind of uninterested.. the lion I liked a lot but more because its a lion carving.. now the castle.. the second one I didn't like with all the people in it, maybe genocide the area and go back with your tripod and cam handy??? the first is my fav but still genocide..

just consider it

Thanks guys.

Haha R.D, a brilliant suggestion! It was so busy, I waited ages to get as few in as poss! I'll definitely consider the genocide option next time! The lion was pretty awesome. The Castle was built in 1119...but I don't thinks he's as old as that.

#1- I take these all the time. nothing particularly special, but it's a good environment shot to have. it may be a touch under exposed but that may just be clouds overhead all the same

get closer. or else crop it

#3. I like the exposure, just notice how the line intercepts the lion and takes away some. shift slightly over so there's only tan behind the nose and it would have been better composition

#4, 5- get closer

#6- the tone blends in with the background too much. you lose your edges this way

The first 2 are my favorites of the bunch... I think that they would be awesome as B&W... So I converted #1 too see...

Also I think #2 would be improved if it were straightened... errr... maybe its me that is a bit crooked.

The first 2 are my favorites of the bunch... I think that they would be awesome as B&W... So I converted #1 too see...

Also I think #2 would be improved if it were straightened... errr... maybe its me that is a bit crooked.

it's flat now. notice how the building and sky are nearly the same tone

it's flat now. notice how the building and sky are nearly the same tone

I didn't edit but any to fix any color/tonal issues... simply a conversion to B&W to show a differing point of view....

Upon review, I agree my conversion is a bit flat.

Thanks for the advice and feedback Flyingmember.

Mark - thanks, does look cool in b/w. I'll mess with it to see if I can combat the 'flatness' .

Appreciate the comments. Cheers.

Thanks for the advice and feedback Flyingmember.

Mark - thanks, does look cool in b/w. I'll mess with it to see if I can combat the 'flatness' .

Appreciate the comments. Cheers.

not sure what program you have, but there's a mask option in newer versions of photoshop to do a black and white conversion.

you get to mess with a ton of sliders to determine how each color converts to BW. much nicer than a pure convert.

here's color

733007840_bbbe4bfecd.jpg

here's black and white at the same spot converted that way (she didn't move, I just don't have both of the same up on flickr)

732151739_36481d93bd.jpg

Ok cool. I get the idea. Thanks.

I'm using aperture at the moment but don't really do much pp.

Is it better to shoot it in b/w than to convert it later?

Most reactions

Back