few winter photos C&C

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out as the snow was all melting here in WA. C&C appreciated.

IcyDrop.png

(which one better, BW or regular?)

IcyBranch.png

IcyBranchBW.png

Loved the second image, was not a fan of the black & white one, just doesn't look nice to me. I feel like it should be in color. Just my thought :D Good job!

I agreed. The second image is much better. It got some beautiful colors, and a better composition.

#1 Lots of empty space on the right that make the image feel very unbalanced. Also, I'd like to see more detail in the leaves to the left. I think a tall crop would be more effective. Just crop out the entire right half and play with curves to get more detail in the shadows.

#2 Again, there is a lot of empty space at the bottom. Not completely empty of course, but it's a distraction. I think I would also lose the dark blob of branches on the right. It seems out of place in relation to the subject and is a distraction. The sole attention should be given to the beautiful refractions in the ice.

I don't like the B&W at all. The small bits of red mixed in with the large field of blue is an nice contrast and I think you lose part of the effectiveness of the image when you take away that contrast.

re: 1st one -- I wanted it slightly more negative space to give it a feel of insecurity (since the drop of water is about to fall) ... is that a good reason to give that much negative space?

here's an edit with the branch ... better?

IcyBranchEDIT.png

Most reactions

New Topics

Back