FIFA World Cup

Awww Germany is looking darn good as well. Crazy small head butt in that game from Portugal, what was he thinking !!

Dropped the camera and 500mm lens once is salt water sand, made more of a mess of the lens, mind you, that's why we wear tee shirts, cleaned up the lens a treat :)

Danny.

Eh.. GO GERMANY WUHUUU. (I'm German sooo...)

I must say, I was glad to see Germany come out so strong.

Because that way, maybe they won't really NEED the points for a win when they play the USA, and they'll go easy on us. :lmao:
Hahahha lol :D On normal circumstances, Germany would dominate the Usa team ( no offense or anything but i'm just stating the facts from previous games.. ) But, This year, the Usa team's trainer is actually a retired German player.. Which is probably why Usa played Defense Vs Gahna and won. My personal opinion is Germany will win.. But things can change ^^. I was watching yesterday and they said the usa has won 6 out of 29. Germany 26 out of 29.. :p

First, I wore my authentic US Men's National Team 2002 World Cup jersey all yesterday and during the game. USA beat Ghana. Coincidence? I think not.

Second, the results set the USA up well. If Germany beats Ghana then they may rest key players in the third match (against the USA) to be ready for the knockout round pairing. Meanwhile, Portugal is best when they counter...and now with the USA (and even Ghana in terms of goal differential) being ahead of them, they need to come out in the second match and attack. Which will be in Manaus on a bad pitch (sunbaked)...that own't lend itself to lots of possession. So...the USA has some work to do but things are looking better now than they were 48 hours ago.

Third, I think this WC has got to be H*LL on the photojournalists and shooters. Infrastructure and transportation is supposed to be a complete mess. Getting from one venue to another is proving to be....difficult. A scrimmage between the USA and Belgium in Sao Paulo was canceled b/c it would have taken Belgium 5 hours on a bus to get there and back. Combine that with (a) heat/humidity (so you're sweating like crazy over everything) and then (b) the rain in some places (like Natal) and it's got to be a challenging assignment.

Wow, didn't see THIS coming! After getting crushed by the Netherlands, Spain is currently down 2 goals in the game against Chile (with 23 minutes + injury time to go). If that score holds up, Spain will be watching the Knockout round from home.

I wasn't really rooting for them, but still, I just never imagined Spain would be out after their first two games.

2-0 Spain are gone!! Unbelievable result.

Hope for England yet!!??

Holland looked a but shakey, but will go far. And Germany are always in the mix.

football truly is a global game, how many other sports would have near capacity stadiums for even the smaller team matches?

I think Spain made the wrong choice going with the veterans and not the youth (didn't they just win the U20 tournament?) I guess it's hard to sit the guys who won you a world cup and a Euro cup, but still. Let the kids play!

Nooooooooooooo.

England technically out!!

at least I can enjoy the football without biting my nails.

Nooooooooooooo.

England technically out!!

at least I can enjoy the football without biting my nails.

Not a surprise though! Not with "The Owl" in Charge...

Amazing results so far. Bet England and Spain don't want to get on the plane to go back home, especially Spain !! The reception might not be that great ;)

Danny.

England are not COMPLETELY out, as our rabid English fans here at work are pointing out. If Italy beats Costa Rica today (Costa Rica are my underdog favourite, so it'd be fun if they beat Italy and head to knockouts, but I bet against them in the pool today, so I hope they lose, too, LOL), and England absolutely creams them by like 4-5 goals in the last group game, England can still get through. Unlikely the way England have played.

England are not COMPLETELY out, as our rabid English fans here at work are pointing out. If Italy beats Costa Rica today (Costa Rica are my underdog favourite, so it'd be fun if they beat Italy and head to knockouts, but I bet against them in the pool today, so I hope they lose, too, LOL), and England absolutely creams them by like 4-5 goals in the last group game, England can still get through. Unlikely the way England have played.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yeah. That could happen.
And the USA *could* beat Portugal and go on to win the Cup.
Dreams are nice. Until the alarm goes off. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back