Fifteenth Century Bridgehouses

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These bridge houses are in the town of Bad Kreuznach in Germany and were built from 1480 onwards.

img6980pcrxs3.jpg

dscn2483pcrmv3.jpg

Holy moly. That's REALLY cool. It is really noisy, though...did you shoot it at a really high ISO?

Yes, it was a high ISO. Given it was so dark, I figured that's what I should use.

Yes. I didn't lug the tripod along with me that night to the restaurant we visited. I think I balanced the camera (just a point and shoot for the night shot) on a bridge support and used the timer function.

Is Canada warming up? Did you get married? Are you sick?

Something must have changed, cause this is the first time I think I have seen you post something for at least a year!!!! WOW!!! Now I can actually comment on something YOU have taken instead of you commenting on mine. I LOVE THESE! Thanks for posting.

What a beautiful scene! I can't decide which I like best. :)

Hey Anty, what do you think of this for the second one? I don't like the orange cast in the first... so...

<snipped... color profiles messed up, hold on a sec>

Here it is.

dscn2483pcrmv31xt9.jpg

Both are very good. I think I like the warmth the second photo embraces you with. I can picture myself having an espresso at the restaurant(?) on the left as the evening passes on.

What a difference a POV and time make- At first I thought they were two different locations. Nice.

Is Canada warming up? Did you get married? Are you sick?

Something must have changed, cause this is the first time I think I have seen you post something for at least a year!!!! WOW!!! Now I can actually comment on something YOU have taken instead of you commenting on mine. I LOVE THESE! Thanks for posting.
Yoiks!! I'm sure it hasn't been that long since I've posted! They are few and far between though, so I guess you just missed 'em.

What a beautiful scene! I can't decide which I like best. :)
Awwww, thanks!! (Bring plenty of 'memory' to England and Germany, because you'll love the scenery and architecture. It's sooo different from North America)

[JR];1153524 said:
Hey Anty, what do you think of this for the second one? I don't like the orange cast in the first... so...
I really like it! My PS abilities are rudimentary...can you tell me how you processed it?

Both are very good. I think I like the warmth the second photo embraces you with. I can picture myself having an espresso at the restaurant(?) on the left as the evening passes on.
Yes, there are restaurants on either side of the river (the Nahe) and in one of the bridge houses. It's a great spot to linger and wander.

What a difference a POV and time make- At first I thought they were two different locations. Nice.
Really?! What a hoot!

Thanks everyone for your comments...much appreciated. :hug::

Most reactions

Back