Filing for two patents?

midget patrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes I am. Finally. After a combined two years of work.

One for a paintball gun I've designed from scratch that integrates pneumatics in a way that's never been done before.

The second is a drop-in replacement for the Nielsen-Kellerman CoxBox (http://www.nkhome.com/rowing/coxbox.html) that makes it completely self-contained and introduces more features with a technology that has never before been used in this application in rowing.

All before the age of 17. :D

Whoah, well congrats on your accomplishments.

I have an avid rower in my family and *ugh* what an odd sport (if I dare say so)

Peanuts said:
Whoah, well congrats on your accomplishments.

I have an avid rower in my family and *ugh* what an odd sport (if I dare say so)
It sure is an odd sport. But I've never had more fun with 8 other guys in spandex than I do during a 1500 meter sprint. ;)

Being a coxswain (the dude that sits, steers and yells, to keep it simple), the CoxBox has some serious limitations that I've tried to correct for. We'll see how it goes from here.

There is a search process to see if anything similar has already been patented. And that can take up to 18 months or so... so we'll see.

midget patrol said:
It sure is an odd sport. But I've never had more fun with 8 other guys in spandex than I do during a 1500 meter sprint. ;)

Anywhere else it would be illegal to see 9 guys in spandex. :lol:

Congrats once again

nitefly said:
I don't get what you mean? Sorry for being a n00b. Btw Midget arent you from the UK? It's 4am here :S
Nope, I'm in the US. Right outside Washington, D.C.

A patent is basically a document granting an inventor sole rights to an invention for 20 years. There are three types of patents; utility, design, and plant. Utility patents are for a process or type of functional design. 'Design' patents are for aesthetics. Plant patents are, well, for plants.

Both of these are utility patents because they're both functional designs.

Recieving a patent means you're the first person to come up with the idea. It also means that if anybody wants to use that product/idea/design before the patent expires (20 years), they have to pay you a royalty.

Simply, nitefly, a patent is intellectual property protection.

And what the hell are you doing up at 4 AM??? :greenpbl:

I'm making money from patent law...RIGHT NOW.

Most reactions

Back