Film or camera issue?

Lab's in the US and I'm in the UK, so too much cost in getting negatives sent back everytime. That's what I was thinking, don't know how I wouldn't have noticed a strap in the frame; especially for several shots in a row. The viewfinder's dark, but not that dark!

Send them to Peak Imaging, not sure why you are sending to US because there are far more and better labs in UK

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've checked the settings with the lab and the aperture and shutter speed were fine. They think it may be the shutter sticking at high speeds.

Get your negatives back and kick them into touch, i can take my colour film in go for a coffee then go back and pick them up

I just tried quick holding the camera strap in front of the lens with my digital camera; I got a similar look but it appeared as more of a dark blurry stripe and not quite as splotchy as this seems to be. I had wondered if it could be the film, although I've never seen anything like this, or maybe something to do with how the film is advancing and maybe dragging.

I suppose I might try shooting another fresh roll to see if it might have been something odd with the film, and shoot a set of photos at different shutter speeds and see if this shows up at all speeds or not.

Seems like options vary for film developing depending on where you live; there aren't as many choices in my area as there used to be but luckily I still have more options than some places.

I've checked the settings with the lab and the aperture and shutter speed were fine. They think it may be the shutter sticking at high speeds.
HOW they know your aperture and speed ? ?

Most reactions

Back