What's new

film scanning software...

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
6,071
Reaction score
3
Location
in the middle of north carolina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone out there have any used film scanning software they would like to sell reasonably. I have a couple of programs that do okay, but I'm always looking for more and better. One touch scanning would be nice.
 
mine is a plustec 7200 on the way will be here Friday. Now im using the Minolta easy scan.... I have a couple of good third party ones, but they don't quite do what I want. I have one called arcsoft photo studio that came with the cannon I have. It isn't bad and I bought one called silver pilot that is pretty good at matching colors up but it is a pain to work with. I tried vuescan but I didn't much like it.

The scanner software seems to work as well. I haven't tried siver pilot yet so I don't know about it. I suppose I could just buy the key from somebody and download a shareware software if anybody knows of a good one.

If you have an editor that was bundled with your hp that doesn't require their driver it might work. If you want copies of mine let me know I'll be happy to cut you a cd.

I have the plustec flatbed but it didn't come with software. I have a canon that came with the arcsoft editor.. The minolta has a proprietary software so it would be useless.
 
I just looked at the HP disk and it's for a 3900 Series Hp ScanJet, which is what I have. The disk also has HP Photo & imaging software...if you feel this may work for you, I'll burn a disk and forward it to you.....
 
let me ask you when you open the hp software do you have the option to select the twain source... If it doesn't allow that it wont work.
 
Got the new scanner and the software with it solved the problem I was having. I highly recommend silverfast by the way. Unfortunately it is somehow dedicated to the new scanner and I can't use it on the others.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom