Film sensor exposed

frn2929

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone.

Quick question - is it okay to press the shutter button and expose the film sensor while the lens is removed? Is this damaging to the sensor ?

Hey everyone.

Quick question - is it okay to press the shutter button and expose the film sensor while the lens is removed? Is this damaging to the sensor ?

I am going to suppose you do not mean film sensor, but merely the sensor. NO you will not damage it by pressing the shutter button, In fact you must press and raise the mirror in order to clean the sensor.

Hey everyone.

I am going to suppose you do not mean film sensor, but merely the sensor. NO you will not damage it by pressing the shutter button, In fact you must press and raise the mirror in order to clean the sensor.

Yes I mean digital sensor not film sensor - thank you !

No you will not damage it. Just don't do it in a dusty environment.

Interesting. What will be the purpose ? Cleaning ? Some cameras have special mode of opening the shutter just for that. I believe sensor is not charged for that occasion.

Well, we certainly have a few more examples of people not being able to read the manuals! I thinks someone might make a bit of cash by selling audio book versions of camera manuals!

Well, we certainly have a few more examples of people not being able to read the manuals! I thinks someone might make a bit of cash by selling audio book versions of camera manuals!
Even better and probably more profitable would be manuals in comic book form. "Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's CANON Man!"

Bad exposure never hangs around
When he hears this Mighty sound.

"Here I come to save the day"

That means that Canon man is on his way.
Yes sir, when there is wrong light

Canon Man will join the fight.
On the sea or on the land,
He gets the exposure well in hand.

Sung to the Mighty Mouse theme.

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

Just don't poke it with a stick.

Most reactions

Back