Filter holder and Filters Kit

poker_jake

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm getting confused picking out filters. I have a CPL that screws into my lens but want to pick up a set of ND and GND filters that use a holder and slide in front of the lens so I can use them on multiple lens with different diameters. Are there kits out there or do you buy individually? What is a good brand of holder (that can use up to 3 filters at a time) and how does it connect to the lens? What size square filters does it take? Sorry for my noobness but I'm looking on B&H and getting confused. I'm looking for 1, 2 and 3 stop ND filters so I can mix and match up to 6 stops and a couple GND with soft edges.

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Depends on your budget. If you can afford $5-600 for a three-filter set, than either Lee or Singh-Ray. If your budget won't stretch past $200 then look to Cokin (if you can find them). They all use a similar system which consists of a threaded ring that screws onto the filter threads of your lens and a slotted holder that slides over that and will accomodate up to three gel-style filters.

OP
poker_jake

poker_jake

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
tirediron said:
Depends on your budget. If you can afford $5-600 for a three-filter set, than either Lee or Singh-Ray. If your budget won't stretch past $200 then look to Cokin (if you can find them). They all use a similar system which consists of a threaded ring that screws onto the filter threads of your lens and a slotted holder that slides over that and will accomodate up to three gel-style filters.

$600 would be my budget

OP
poker_jake

poker_jake

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Actually looking for 3 GNDs and 3 NDs so the singh ray puts me over budget, but thanks for the help!

Most reactions

New Topics