Filter holder for the Tokina 11-20mm lens

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone that uses this lens recommend a filter holder that fits on it? Can't seem to find any info on it.

Don't know about that lens in particular, but I've got a Canon 10-22mm that I use a 100mm filter holder from FilterDude - Affordable Photography Accessories

With a lens that wide always the chance of vingetting.
Yeah trying to stay clear on circular filters (if i can) as I had them before on my kit lens and found them a pain in the arse. Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.

no probs mate, I quickly went to cheap square filters then to a 100mm system. I much prefer it though I still need to get myself a 105mm cpl. A lot of the time I end up bracketing just because its easier to deal with than getting a correct reverse gradient to even up vertical features. Those formatt hi-tech firecrest filter that @Vieri uses look pretty good indeed, I've mostly been using Kood filters which are shorter (125mm rather than 150) but significantly cheaper though I do also have a few Lee filters too. The Filter Dudes holder is good, has a firm hold and good accesories. The only gripe I have is he doesn't have a hood option that I've seen.

no probs mate, I quickly went to cheap square filters then to a 100mm system. I much prefer it though I still need to get myself a 105mm cpl. A lot of the time I end up bracketing just because its easier to deal with than getting a correct reverse gradient to even up vertical features. Those formatt hi-tech firecrest filter that @Vieri uses look pretty good indeed, I've mostly been using Kood filters which are shorter (125mm rather than 150) but significantly cheaper though I do also have a few Lee filters too. The Filter Dudes holder is good, has a firm hold and good accesories. The only gripe I have is he doesn't have a hood option that I've seen.
I've sourced a Lee 82mm filter adaptor and a lee filter holder foundation kit on amazon, but I've read that the 82mm Lee filter adaptor ring doesn't fit on the end of the Tokina 11-20. So currently investigating if this is actually true and if there is a way around it.

I've sourced a Lee 82mm filter adaptor and a lee filter holder foundation kit on amazon, but I've read that the 82mm Lee filter adaptor ring doesn't fit on the end of the Tokina 11-20. So currently investigating if this is actually true and if there is a way around it.

It probably will fit but it's probably that the standard adaper rings can cause the filer holder to be too far away from the front element and cause some vignetting. Sometimes people will attach a 100mm filter holder to filters like UV or CPLs already on the lens, that can cause some vingetting at 10mm or so. I do notice Lee does a wide angle 82mm adapter so it's probably that one you want.

So I can confirm that the Nisi V5 Pro does not fit on the end of the Tokina 11-20mm lens due to the lugs for attaching the lens hood. Using the 82mm adapter ring that comes with it. Thankfully I found a thread that offered a solution and it works. By attaching a glassless 82mm amazon basics UV filter to the end of the lens you are then able to attach the Nisi V5 pro filter holder via the 82mm adapter ring. Winner. Now to get some filters!

Most reactions

Back