Filter Mount/Holder

benjyman345

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Ilford SFX Cokin P Series mounted filter. (Rectangular)
How can I attach this to the front of my 55mm camera lens? Is there some sort of holder I can attach to the camera without using the tripod thread as I still require attaching my camera to my tripod.

Thanks

Simple answer? Yes :D

The Cokin filter system works with a series of filter rings that attach to the threads of different sized lenses. You then attach the filter holder to the ring, and slot the filters into the filter holder. The beauty of the system is that you only need to buy a new filter ring for each different sized lens, rather than a whole new set of filters.

Your local camera store should be able to supply the rings and filter holders - they're relatively cheap compared to the actual filters.

Go to:

http://www.cokin.com/

for more details :)

Simple answer? Yes :D

The Cokin filter system works with a series of filter rings that attach to the threads of different sized lenses. You then attach the filter holder to the ring, and slot the filters into the filter holder. The beauty of the system is that you only need to buy a new filter ring for each different sized lens, rather than a whole new set of filters.

Your local camera store should be able to supply the rings and filter holders - they're relatively cheap compared to the actual filters.

Go to:

http://www.cokin.com/

for more details :)

Thanks. This looks useful. Was just wondering, if I was to use this holder for rectangular glass filters such as gradient filters would this work and can i move the glass up and down and secure it in the posistion I want to achieve the gradient effect.

Thanks. This looks useful. Was just wondering, if I was to use this holder for rectangular glass filters such as gradient filters would this work and can i move the glass up and down and secure it in the posistion I want to achieve the gradient effect.

Yes. I'm gonna guess that's probably one of the major reasons they came up with this system. They sell lots of different GRAD filters.

Yes, the gradient filters are usually rectangular rather than square, so you have extra room to move them up and down in the holder and position them as required to match the horizon in your composition.

The holder works with a leaf-spring (or something similar...) that holds the filters in position in their slot, but allows you to move them as required.

Most reactions

Back